Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jul-2019, 21:09)David A Wrote: @ssfas

You have just explained why you don't get the problem. It does not occur if you are using the Devialet's wifi input, it only occurs if you are using a gigabit wired connection to the Devialet and it does not occur for everyone who uses the gigabit wired connection. For some such as me it occurs rarely and is not a big issue, for others it occurs a lot and is a big issue. It should not occur with a wired ethernet connection.

You say your experience strongly suggests the errors are coming from Roon. I have a separate HT setup in a different room. It includes an Oppo BD103 disc player which, like my Devialet, is Roon Ready and which is also connected to the network via a wired gigabit ethernet connection. Sending a 192/24 resolution stream from Roon triggers the problem with my Devialet but the problem does not occur with the Oppo. Other people with other Roon Ready endpoint devices besides their Devialet also report the problem occurring with their Devialet but not with their other endpoints.  If Roon works flawlessly with other Roon Ready endpoints on the same network and not with the Devialet, then that suggests the problem does not come from Roon or from the network but from the endpoint which has the problem and that endpoint is my Devialet.

I've used it with a fast Netgear and slow Cisco switch, made no difference. 

The reason why I raised it today is because I got the slow speed error using an Auralic Aries Mini. The Innuos Roon Core Server was wired and does not go through a switch as is wired directly to my modem. The problem became repeated. The Roon server was streaming from Qobuz and streaming the same music from Qobuz native to the Aries there was no problem.

So the Aries was fine playing native Qobuz wireless from my modem, but when playing from the Roon server with a direct ethernet connection to the same modem it was dropping out. 

What was strange was it only started going wrong about 20 minutes into the music. 

I posted an screen capture showing the error with Aries Mini via Roon.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 23-Jul-2019, 22:58