Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(28-Jul-2019, 21:48)David A Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 13:24)maxijazz Wrote:
(27-Jul-2019, 22:47)David A Wrote: [...] it does not occur if one streams to the Devialet via wifi, [...]

It happens to me over WiFi, daily. To my surprise, because it worked like a charm for first 6 months, on 1Gb Ethernet as well as WiFi.

Your report is the first I've seen of problems with RAAT over wifi. Did you make any changes to your network around the time the problem started.

One small point: it can't have worked like a charm for the first 6 months because we only got the Roon Ready update from Devialet on 19 February, a bit over 5 months ago. When did your problems start? It would be great if you could give a reasonably accurate date so that it could be checked against the dates of Roon updates and possibly updates for your network hardware.

I use RAAT over WIFI and have the odd drop out. I can't say for sure but I have a feeling this whole thing is internet/Tidal related. We're on what's called 'Fixed Wireless', a form of the National Broadband Network here on Australia that's a total balls up. I pay for 50Mb/s and some nights around 7 I'm lucky to get a page to fully open. I can only imagine RAAT gets hung up when it's trying to get information from the net and the net's not helping.
I also have the first second missing issue, whether playing from Tidal or HDD.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Pim - 29-Jul-2019, 10:46