Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sound quality - Roon RAAT vs Roon Air
To my ears and in my system Roon Air has always sounded clearly better than Raat... but was never as stable. Air had this elastic transparence to the sound that to me defines the Devialet. Raat was good but lacking this magical spark. Which is pretty much the exact opposite most people have reported... :-)

At the moment with a Melco S10P as switch Raat is 100% stable and Roon Air is 99.9% stable. I had some slight drops with Air once in August with 192/24 file but even that lasted only around 1 sec and wasn't too disturbing.

Btw, I have stopped using both because clocked and LPSed Mutec through AES/EBU sounds even better... and has been 100% stable till now whatever the type of file streamed (including DSD256). I have not tried the Mutec without the Cybershaft Clock and cannot try it withouth the Paul Hynes SR7T LPS because Mutec shipped me a unit without power unit. So I can't really comment about how deep one has to be into Mutec for it to overtake Air. But this is very clear for me with my all in approach.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality - Roon RAAT vs Roon Air - by bernardl - 30-Sep-2021, 03:24