Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
Just to add a more positive voice here, I myself am extremely happy with the upgrade. I've exclusively used my Gold Phantoms with a HifiBerry Digi+ Pro optical connection and Roon before and because of the setup I needed to place them pretty close together physically. With the DOS2 upgrade I was able to get rid of the optical connection and wall mount the Phantoms in my living room, pretty far from each other. This did wonders for the soundstage. Dropping the optical input and relying on Airplay to stream from Roon also did wonders for sound dynamics — so much better. I've changed all my other Roon speaker zones to Airplay for now in order to retain the ability to group. Will happily switch them back to RAAT once that is introduced for the Phantoms.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united! - by DesertEagleAZ - 29-Oct-2019, 17:47