Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
How about optical input from dialog to phantoms on DOS2? Not possible anymore?
Hmmm, a bit underwhelming update. I have no stability issues, I use the optical input on the Dialog and therefore need it. I also use web radios and local files. I think I'll pass for now. Maybe DOS 2.1 will enable RAAT, then I will update immediately.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(29-Oct-2019, 15:57)ragwo Wrote: Hmmm, a bit underwhelming update. I have no stability issues, I use the optical input on the Dialog and therefore need it. I also use web radios and local files. I think I'll pass for now. Maybe DOS 2.1 will enable RAAT, then I will update immediately.

can RAAT handle digital inputs like television or similar?
The Dialog now can be used as a decorative abstract piece of art... BTW don't waist your time trying to sell it... It's not needed anymore.
DOS 1 was a half finished crap software and DOS2 is the other half of unfinished crap software.

Edit: Dialog V2 seems to be needed and upgradable to DOS2 to have airplay working
Please excuse my poor reputation
DOS2 not compatible with first Phantoms (without BT). So nice for early adopters... And yes, they do propose an upgrade at a reduced price to a compatible Phantom, but when I see all that is lost when you compare 2 Phantoms + 1 Dialog on DOS1 to 2 Phantoms on DOS2, I'll pass.
I won't say that I'll migrate to another brand because I first want to see what will be the future of DOS2 but I'm so disappointed today.

-- 
Stéphane
(29-Oct-2019, 15:42)da2001 Wrote: How about optical input from dialog to phantoms on DOS2? Not possible anymore?

Still works, AFAIU Dialog still is an airplay enabler for BT only Phantoms and its optical input is handled in the new app
the flow ; https://stonly.com/explanation/606/Flowc...,5989,9250
Please excuse my poor reputation
Just to add a more positive voice here, I myself am extremely happy with the upgrade. I've exclusively used my Gold Phantoms with a HifiBerry Digi+ Pro optical connection and Roon before and because of the setup I needed to place them pretty close together physically. With the DOS2 upgrade I was able to get rid of the optical connection and wall mount the Phantoms in my living room, pretty far from each other. This did wonders for the soundstage. Dropping the optical input and relying on Airplay to stream from Roon also did wonders for sound dynamics — so much better. I've changed all my other Roon speaker zones to Airplay for now in order to retain the ability to group. Will happily switch them back to RAAT once that is introduced for the Phantoms.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(29-Oct-2019, 13:28)mvrlondon Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:22)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:09)mvrlondon Wrote: According to the app - UPnP works
Thank you. 

I will feel better after I get assurance from Devialet Support that they have tested UPnP extensively. Few Phantom users seem to be using UPnP and it still is listed as beta on the documentation.  I'll post if I find out more.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what improvements people are finding.

Good idea to wait - I can't get the UPnP to work even though the Devialet app says it's there - no other app can find a UPnP renderer on the network.

I don't use it so not an issue for me.

The main improvement is the dumping of the dialog.  I'm now using just the 2 classics in stereo without the dialog .

And the app claims that the firmware upgrade also upped the power of these old white classics from 1200 to 2000.
Is that correct the white classics go from 1200 to 2000?
(29-Oct-2019, 17:50)Jon Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:28)mvrlondon Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:22)Snoopy8 Wrote: Thank you. 

I will feel better after I get assurance from Devialet Support that they have tested UPnP extensively. Few Phantom users seem to be using UPnP and it still is listed as beta on the documentation.  I'll post if I find out more.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what improvements people are finding.

Good idea to wait - I can't get the UPnP to work even though the Devialet app says it's there - no other app can find a UPnP renderer on the network.

I don't use it so not an issue for me.

The main improvement is the dumping of the dialog.  I'm now using just the 2 classics in stereo without the dialog .

And the app claims that the firmware upgrade also upped the power of these old white classics from 1200 to 2000.
Is that correct the white classics go from 1200 to 2000?

This is correct. 2000w and 103dB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)