Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(29-Oct-2019, 13:09)mvrlondon Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 12:41)Snoopy8 Wrote: It is a one way upgrade, no going back. Once done, Spark will be dead! Hooray, I hear! But if you have playlists there, you will lose them.

Unlike many of you, I will defer my upgrade until I find out more. I am using UPnP with BubbleUPnP as my app, works very well and the sound quality is superb. No issue with keeping the Dialog going. I cannot risk this setup until I find out more about UPnP, nothing written about it in doc.

According to the app - UPnP works
Thank you. 

I will feel better after I get assurance from Devialet Support that they have tested UPnP extensively. Few Phantom users seem to be using UPnP and it still is listed as beta on the documentation.  I'll post if I find out more.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what improvements people are finding.
(29-Oct-2019, 13:22)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:09)mvrlondon Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 12:41)Snoopy8 Wrote: It is a one way upgrade, no going back. Once done, Spark will be dead! Hooray, I hear! But if you have playlists there, you will lose them.

Unlike many of you, I will defer my upgrade until I find out more. I am using UPnP with BubbleUPnP as my app, works very well and the sound quality is superb. No issue with keeping the Dialog going. I cannot risk this setup until I find out more about UPnP, nothing written about it in doc.

According to the app - UPnP works
Thank you. 

I will feel better after I get assurance from Devialet Support that they have tested UPnP extensively. Few Phantom users seem to be using UPnP and it still is listed as beta on the documentation.  I'll post if I find out more.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what improvements people are finding.

Good idea to wait - I can't get the UPnP to work even though the Devialet app says it's there - no other app can find a UPnP renderer on the network.

I don't use it so not an issue for me.

The main improvement is the dumping of the dialog.  I'm now using just the 2 classics in stereo without the dialog .

And the app claims that the firmware upgrade also upped the power of these old white classics from 1200 to 2000.
okay, well, wait....

if i update to DOS2:
- No Webradios anymore
- no low latency optical
- no bass reduction
- no playlist on local files
- no native client on windows or mac
- multirooom not supported

+ Stereo without Dialog (i got one)
+ app is now french, chinese, japanese and korean

Whoooohooo what a nice update. can´t wait to make my speakers worser than before. thank you so much devialet Big Grin
(29-Oct-2019, 13:28)mvrlondon Wrote: Good idea to wait - I can't get the UPnP to work even though the Devialet app says it's there - no other app can find a UPnP renderer on the network.

The main improvement is the dumping of the dialog.  I'm now using just the 2 classics in stereo without the dialog.
I am concerned that once upgraded, I will not be able see the Phantom as my UPnP renderer or it works poorly. I have spent considerable effort to get MinimServer convolution room correction working with the Phantoms and I will be most annoyed if I lose this.

As I posted earlier, I have no issue keeping the Dialog going.
(29-Oct-2019, 13:18)P. Fegerle Wrote: Hi everyone! Where did you get the new spark app to update to DOS 2? In the apple app store I only see the old one. Thanks for helping out!

Spark has not been updated.

You will need the ‘Devialet for phantom’ app.
(29-Oct-2019, 13:49)alandbush Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 13:18)P. Fegerle Wrote: Hi everyone! Where did you get the new spark app to update to DOS 2? In the apple app store I only see the old one. Thanks for helping out!

Correct.  Once you have downloaded the Devialet app, it will take you through the upgrade cycle.  Spark will no longer work after that.
(29-Oct-2019, 13:31)da2001 Wrote: okay, well, wait....

if i update to DOS2:
- No Webradios anymore
- no low latency optical
- no bass reduction
- no playlist on local files
- no native client on windows or mac
- multirooom not supported

+ app is now french, chinese, japanese and korean

Whoooohooo what a nice update. can´t wait to make my speakers worser than before. thank you so much devialet Big Grin

Disappointed to agree but the update is underwhelming.

Unless you suffer from instability issues or have been considering a second Phantom Premier without the expense of the Dialog, it appears to be one step forward and several back.

(29-Oct-2019, 12:21)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 12:01)Austinforest Wrote: Plenty of documentations on Devialet’s website. 
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier

Migration guide
https://stonly.com/explanation/devrai-je...Steps/4404

On a positive note, I applaud the two above links that provide clear details and recommendations as to whether to migrate or not.
(29-Oct-2019, 13:49)alandbush Wrote:

Thanks, I got it! God bless.
Devialet Expert 220 PRO, Dali Epicon 2 white, 2x Devialet Phantom Gold, Dialog, Audirvana + Roon
Tidal is gone?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(29-Oct-2019, 13:31)da2001 Wrote: If i update to DOS2:

- no low latency optical

- multiroom not supported

+ app is now french, Chinese, Japanese and Korean

About the Low Latency : I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible anymore as I do have the possibility to configure it with my Reactors.

Multiroom : AirPlay 2 will fix this ASAP I hope. It was my main concern about the Devialet System...

Stereo without Dialog : that's nice. Really nice. Even if Devialet was giving it for free lately.

French people like me salute you !
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo