Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
My brother in law has upgraded his speakers to DOS2 and UPnP is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Nice upgrade solid base for future releases!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(29-Oct-2019, 21:29)ragwo Wrote: My brother in law has upgraded his speakers to DOS2 and UPnP is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
Thank you. That is encouraging.  Is your bother in law using MinimServer by any chance?
(29-Oct-2019, 21:55)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 21:29)ragwo Wrote: My brother in law has upgraded his speakers to DOS2 and UPnP is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
Thank you. That is encouraging.  Is your bother in law using MinimServer by any chance?
No, sorry. He's only using AirPlay and Spotify Connect. He doesn't need playback of local files etc, so he's the perfect Guinea pig for DOS2. If it's working without stability problems for him in the next weeks I might consider updating my speakers. Though I'll have to test the stability and sound quality of the toslink inputs before deciding.

Edit:
192/24 streaming is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
My Phantom Voyage
(29-Oct-2019, 17:47)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Just to add a more positive voice here, I myself am extremely happy with the upgrade. I've exclusively used my Gold Phantoms with a HifiBerry Digi+ Pro optical connection and Roon before and because of the setup I needed to place them pretty close together physically. With the DOS2 upgrade I was able to get rid of the optical connection and wall mount the Phantoms in my living room, pretty far from each other. This did wonders for the soundstage. Dropping the optical input and relying on Airplay to stream from Roon also did wonders for sound dynamics — so much better. I've changed all my other Roon speaker zones to Airplay for now in order to retain the ability to group. Will happily switch them back to RAAT once that is introduced for the Phantoms.
Interesting to hear that Airplay is so much better than optical on DOS2.

With DOS1, I did a lot of comparing of optical vs Airplay vs UPnP. UPnP was the clear winner, but Airplay was better than optical but by a smaller margin. Until I learn more about UPnP on DOS2, I will not upgrade.
For the moment, my system is sounding fine, and given that I didn’t notice any comment about room correction - barring some unequivocal improvement in sound quality vice convenience- I intend to wait until either I get some reactor speakers, my Dialogue gives out, or DOS 1 is no longer supported.
(29-Oct-2019, 16:10)da2001 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 15:57)ragwo Wrote: Hmmm, a bit underwhelming update. I have no stability issues, I use the optical input on the Dialog and therefore need it. I also use web radios and local files. I think I'll pass for now. Maybe DOS 2.1 will enable RAAT, then I will update immediately.

can RAAT handle digital inputs like television or similar?
I believe not. RAAT will be like any other input.
My Phantom Voyage
Hi,

Is it just me or does the airplay lag some times??
when playing with the volume, it kinda stotters some times..

i hated the spark app, but now im starting to miss it... 

with spark u could turn an album on tidal on, and then close the app on your phone.. 
if u do it with the new app, it automaticly stops playing music.. this is a real bummer for me..

and i notice the starting volume of 35, used to be louder.. they decreased the volume..

anyone else with same problems/opinion??

expected more from the long awaited update, the intergration with tidal whas perfect...

Kind greetings from Amsterdam

sorry for bad english
How are you supposed to change the audio volume without an installed app on your phone ?
This only thing spark was good for was controlling the audio volume.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(29-Oct-2019, 23:11)BpSilver Wrote: Hi,

Is it just me or does the airplay lag some times??
when playing with the volume, it kinda stotters some times..

i hated the spark app, but now im starting to miss it... 

with spark u could turn an album on tidal on, and then close the app on your phone.. 
if u do it with the new app, it automaticly stops playing music.. this is a real bummer for me..

and i notice the starting volume of 35, used to be louder.. they decreased the volume..

anyone else with same problems/opinion??

expected more from the long awaited update, the intergration with tidal whas perfect...

Kind greetings from Amsterdam

sorry for bad english

If your local network is slow or crowded for bandwidth then changing the volume while streaming airplay can stutter for now as this involves communicating with the phone, the Devialet app, and the speaker all at the same time to determine what has requested the volume change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)