Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?
Testing Update ...

I was able to make Linn Kazoo (free app) work within my setup. I installed the OpenHome app (http://openhome.org/pages/use/downloads/mac.html) in addition to Twonky Server on my Mac mini. Now Linn Kazoo is able to "see" my server as a "room". It now also would show TIDAL streaming as an option. I did a quick test, disconnecting my iPad running Linn Kazoo during a TIDAL playlist. It did not stop, so the stream seems to be routed from the Mac mini. The only caveat it seems is that the signal is only delivered via optical as the Mac mini also becomes the "renderer" of sorts. I could live with that though. So let's see how stable and user-friendly Linn Kazoo is.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 01:56
RE: UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 14:28