Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?
(30-Oct-2019, 16:57)alandbush Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 14:41)seb Wrote: Testing Update (2) ...

Installing Open Home now also enables Lumin app to control and stream incl. Tidal. An additional alternative to Linn Kazoo with very nice and fast Album/Title presentation.

Both Kazoo and Lumin are Open home Control apps and communicate with Open home servers and renderers.  One of the advantages of Open home is that the play queue is shareable and not owned exclusively by the Control point, hence the ability to close the Control point.

As you have discovered you can enable the Mac server to become Open home enabled.  You may also be interested in BubbleUPNP Server which enables Renderers to be Open home compatible, I.e. the Phantoms could become compatible, be ‘seen’ by Kazoo and Lumin and enable the bypass of the optical output.

Nb - I have tried this with an Oppo BDP but not a Phantom

Thanks. This sounds Interesting. There is a Bubble UPnP Server for Mac. The only thing I do not like that much is that it runs on JAVA. But I guess I will give it a try. As I just discovered. The OpenHome App seems to be overwhelmed by longer playlists and would sometimes simply stop working. It then needs to be restarted.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 01:56
RE: UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 17:35