Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet?
(06-Nov-2019, 13:48)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2019, 12:16)kmjy Wrote: There is no beta testing program from Devialet available to the public and updating to DOS2 poses no risks, apart from some apparent system instability or disliking to the OS from some users. Which has always been there either way (good or bad).
To me, not being able to stereo sync is a big issue reported by several users here. It is a foundation capability of DOS2, doing away with the Dialog, yet able to do stereo. That issue alone has left me doubting whether enough testing has been done.

As for users disliking DOS2, can you blame them?  Devialet has not shown much love for their customers and communicate so poorly. There is a defensive tone in my recent support request and I noticed that in a number of posts as well.

I completely understand what you’re saying. I feel bad for you if you are having issues as the system is incredible otherwise.

But the defensive tone maybe is because people always complain. Like always. About everything. They work hard on their releases with a very small team of software talent and all people do is complain. Maybe they’re not doing enough testing but everyone’s tones are overall disappointing. Maybe I just can’t see it to the same extent because I haven’t had issues ever with my system and set it up as recommended.

If your system isn’t staying in sync. Follow the guidelines written by Devialet if you can. Make sure you have a clean electrical current/line and use the same power board for both Phantom as even when you set it to Wi-Fi they still use PLC. Do not ever use surge protected wall sockets or power boards with them either as this basically destroys the connection over PLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet? - by kmjy - 06-Nov-2019, 14:00