Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of Known Devialet Issues
(18-Oct-2020, 12:24)Confused Wrote: I have updated the OP to include the issue with Sweet Room only including the first five filters.

A question to those who use Roon RAAT via the CI Board.  Can the "CI board Roon Ready mode bug - "An audio file is loading slowly" message, stuttering with 24 bit material" issue be removed now?  Is this issue fixed for all?  It would be nice to knock one bug off the list.

I haven't had the problem since installing the latest FW update but then I'm using an ETHERRegen which means I'm also using a 100T connection and I wasn't getting the problem before installing the latest update.

It's worth noting that Roon's error message that "An audio file is loading slowly" existed before Devialet introduced their bug in the FW update that made our amps Roon Ready. That means that there must be other problems which cause Roon to show that error message. I've seen some people say they're still having the problem with the new firmware and others saying that the new firmware fixes the problem. Even if someone is getting the same error message with the new firmware doesn't mean that the bug in Devialet's firmware hasn't been fixed, they may be getting the same error message for a different reason.

We're in a new game here. Working out whether the latest firmware fixed the previous problem, or just some of a group of previous problems, isn't going to be any easier than establishing that there was a problem with the original Roon Ready update and it is always possible that the old problem has been fixed but a new and totally unrelated problem with similar symptoms has been introduced. We cannot simply assume that if some people are still having similar problems with the new firmware, the old problem still exists. Just as lots of different causes can cause a person to run a fever, there are a number of different causes that can cause similar problems in audio playback. The first step is establishing that there is a problem, the second step is establishing what the cause is and it's a bit too early at this stage to start jumping to a conclusion that the previous issue still exists.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Summary of Known Devialet Issues - by Confused - 11-Jan-2020, 13:29
RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - by David A - 18-Oct-2020, 21:27
RE: ATE - by Confused - 17-Sep-2023, 11:10