Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice
That's a nice present from your partner there !

You are in a tough spot decision wise - if you can get a dialog cheap then at least you can put off any decision temporarily - many of the complaints about DOS2 are concerned with the need to have multiple apps for differing functions - radio stations, local streaming etc and these issues are not going away anytime at all. I believe Devialet have stated their intention to concentrate on sound quality etc and become agnostic about the actual source of the music so the radio functionality in Spark is not coming back which is a shame IMHO. Spark wasn’t perfect but it was nice having one application for everything I needed.

I have just faced the same issues as you myself and I went with DOS2 because I had Classic Phantoms (not Silvers) which benefited from the upgrade to 2000w and of course if you don't mind Airplay quality its quite possible to stream music wirelessly to DOS2 albeit you will need different apps for different internet radio stations and it will use the battery life in your phone and if you move out of range the music stops. I don’t believe Airplay supports flac quality levels ?

I already had a server running Plex so I use the IOS App ‘MConnect’ to play higher quality local music to my Phantom’s via UPNP – this works well but Plex has dropped support for Internet Radio (no idea why!) and as yet I haven’t found a solution that works as well as Spark did. I’m using various apps for radio output using Airplay – not ideal for me.

Does anyone know of a solution to listening to internet radio via UPNP that works - I have tried various solutions but nothing worked as it should have?

Looking on the positive side its a difficult decision but either way you can look forward to some great listening and they are rather nice to look at Smile!

kantblue

PS I will keep looking and let you know if I find an app that replaces everything Spark did!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice - by kantblue - 12-Feb-2020, 10:17