Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
Gerronwithit Wrote:
Confused Wrote:Overly long post redacted .....
Phew, that was a long one! If I decided to break down all the components that make up my BMW and subjected each one to varying subjective or objective tests would that colour my perception or otherwise of the whole car. The appreciation lies with the complete package.

I know that engineers and scientists have performed all sorts of tests and analysis on the materials that make up the components that make up the complete package, such as the engine, the gear box, the differential, the brakes etc. etc. and if a charlatan like Asrim, or whatever he is called, does some sort of pseudo scientific analysis on a failed machine I would absolutely disregard his so called critique. If Devialet do not deliver a reliable complete product we paid for they will pay for it in the market place.

I'd like to start with a thank you.  A couple of weeks ago I was not having a particularly good day.  Anyway, having sorted a few issues out, I checked into Devialet Chat for a bit of a distraction, and the first thing I read was a post from yourself.  I may have sounded overly positive about ASR in my post above, but even during a particularly challenging day your post (link below) made me laugh out loud, so many thanks for that!

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Audio-Sc...5#pid92005

Regarding your more recent post above, this is a slightly unfortunate analogy for me.  The thing is, I have modified my BMW.  I really did not like some aspects of how it used to drive, specifically the transmission and gear change.  I ended up removing something called the clutch damper valve, which is a bit like the thing that dampens the tonearm drop on a turntable.  I also modified the differential mountings, taking out the voids in the void bushes.  I really like the car now, and I think these mods have resulted in me keeping it a lot longer than I otherwise would have done.

Curiously, I have felt zero desire to modify my Devialet.   The ultimate listening machine.  Angel
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Confused - 19-Apr-2020, 11:01