Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet
(28-Apr-2020, 15:01)mdconnelly Wrote: @David A  - the last time I tested a power conditioner other than the PI Audio UberBUSS was before I had the Devialet.  Interestingly, I believed I tried them on a NAD M2.  All the ones I tried created a more relaxed, musical experience.  But what I found is that the transient response was diminished.... the snap of a rim shot, slam of a heavily plucked bass... things that required instantaneous need for power.  I will totally admit that was back nearly 10 years ago and I have no doubt that much of today's power conditioners have improved.  But if you're fortunate enough to try before you buy, take a good listen to highly dynamic music.   

Interestingly, I found similar effect when turning Devialet's DPM setting on.  The music sounded great, but it seemed to be missing the slam of instantaneious response.  My DPM setting remains off.

A case of "great ears hear alike"?  :-)  Your experience mirrors mine. It's the dynamics which show the problem when an amp can't draw power fast enough and the weak spot for conditioners, especially some years ago, can be their inability to deliver enough power when the amp needs it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet - by David A - 28-Apr-2020, 20:43