Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet
I have a 140 Pro with a PS Audio P12 powering it plus myRon Nucleus+ and my ETHERRegen. According to the readout display on the P12, it is delivering around 70 W of power to the system (amp, server, and ethernet switch) in loud passages which means a volume setting of somewhere between -20 dB and -15 dB depending on the level at which the music was mastered and it's dynamic range. The P12 can deliver 1200 W of power.

Check post #19 in this thread for audio_engr's system. He's using a P12 to drive his system which includes a 440 Pro and B&W 802 D3 speakers. Depending on the size of your room, your listening distance, your preferred listening levels, and what other gear you're powering from the power plant besides your amp, I'd guess that either the P10 or P12 would be fine but you may also be fine with a P15. Devialet amps don't draw much power, they have their own internal power supply which helps handle transients, and there's power storage for peaks in the power plants as well.

I have no personal experience of either the P10 or the P15 which replaced it in the current range. I did have the loan of my dealer's demo P5 which was replaced in the current lineup by the P12, while I waited for my P12. I had no problems with it either but I felt that things sounded slightly better with the P12. If you can get a "very discounted price" on a P10, I think it could be tempting to go for that rather than a new P15 because you may well feel that any improvement the P15 offers may not justify the added cost. I would definitely recommend trying one in your system before buying.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet - by David A - 24-May-2020, 13:06