Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet
(01-Dec-2020, 22:10)SoCalB Wrote:
(01-Dec-2020, 18:29)paul.oorbeek Wrote: There is 1 very interesting point of the AudioQuest Niagara 1200 and 3000 that let it stand out to the rest of the line-up. It is the only 2 in which you can use the NON high output outlets for your powered subwoofers.

This is what is written in the manual of the 3000 about this:

*Compared to its larger Niagara siblings, the Niagara 3000 is unique. Even its Source power banks are capable of
passing extraordinarily high transient current before soft-clipping (in excess of 50 amps peak). So, if you have one
or two main power amplifiers and an additional one to two subwoofers, use the High-Current AC outlets for the
power amps. The subwoofers will still yield superb results when connected to any of the five AC source outlets.

Thank you so much for sharing this. 

I have a Niagara 1200 and using both high power to my Expert Pro 440...and I was plugging my 1800 watt JL audio Fathom 12v2 to the wall.

Based on that, I could plug it into the Niagara 1200.  I just figured since the sub is only getting about 45-50hz and below, that wouldn't be a big issue.  Maybe I will switch and plug it into the Niagara 1200. 

I was just concerned about plugging an 1800watt sub into a non-high power outlet...when the 2 high power outlets are for the 2 220's. 

Do you know if that would be smart, or just keep the sub plugged into the wall via a NRG-Z3 cable?

Thanks in advance....

This was of a concern for me also till i read the manual and found out that this is not of an issue on the 1200/3000 the rest will not work due to due to another design.

So i would try it out and check if it works out for you or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet - by paul.oorbeek - 02-Dec-2020, 09:51