Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System simplification ideas ...
(13-May-2020, 08:04)Marcello Wrote: I have a similar situation, used the reactors to transform my 5.1 into a 7.1 (or 7.3 if you consider the reactors bass response). 

In order to use it from the HC you need to have pre-amp outs, I used my reactors as front L and R speakers. Regarding the 30ms latency, that works ok for movies and when the receiver is set to Dolby Surround, DTS or Neural X output, however if I use it in multi channel stereo mode for all speakers for music listening the latency adds an echo, so for stereo music I use only the reactors (or only the other 5.1 speakers, both together won't sound nice because of the latency).

The only way I got a decent sound from the Aux input on the reactors was adding an ADC between the receiver and the reactors and connecting the ADC through optic to the reactor. Then you just plug the receiver pre amp out to the ADC and to one of the reactors, and they do the stereo split.

The good thing of this setup is that I still had the other aux optical in, on the other reactor free, to which I connected another ADC, this time one from Pro-ject, specific for turntables, with that I can listen to vinyl turned into digital at 192khz on the reactors, that sounds really good to me for music.

The only downside from this mixed "frankenstein" system is that you need to always select the proper receiver output and reactors input depending on the activity, apart of that I can have atmos, surround and beautiful stereo all in the same room.

Hi  Mr.

I ask about the ad converter you used. 
I am trying to use the above converter for a phantom speakers.
However, I read that the Phantom Speaker does not officially support 24/192 through the toslink method.
Works fine for your reactor?
Thank you.
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.

Messages In This Thread
System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 12-May-2020, 07:27
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 12:04
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by Lee inseok - 12-Sep-2020, 02:00