Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
(06-Jul-2020, 11:20)Pim Wrote:
(06-Jul-2020, 11:04)Antoine Wrote: Regarding the pictures, these are of the non-pro models. The Pro models no longer have an integrated ‘off the shelve’ inlet filter like the Schurters as Devialet built their own (I suppose to not filter out the ethernet over powerline frequencies. Functionality they haven’t enabled yet BTW). One can see the differences on the picture in the review @Nakatomi63 also mentioned.

Earlier I had already searched for clearer pictures to check for markings but couldn’t find any so for me this is still an ‘unresolved matter’. Smile

Antoine, you're Dutch. Do you make sure you have your phase connected correctly?

Hi Pim, if you mean have I ever listened to both directions of the schuko to determine the best sounding one; nope I haven’t. I always assumed the right direction between Pro and non-Pro stayed the same. Perhaps others have, I’m not sure if I’ll try since the Shunyata powercable I’m using probably won’t allow me to twist it.

(06-Jul-2020, 11:42)Confused Wrote: Hey - @Antoine - to give you credit - the top picture of the inlet above is your actual 250 Pro ! 

I note that fuse F1 is on the side we think is live, which would be logical.

Although it does not resolve this issue completely, I think a question to Devialet will be the only way to be sure.

OK, cool! Smile  I do remember taking a photo of the internals after I received mine ‘DOA’.

You could be right about F1 being on the live side but I agree, probably the only way to be sure would be to contact Devialet. But this is usually also the time the real confusion starts unless support contacts a proper engineer!  Dodgy Wink

Like Ogs I also think the white ‘L’ is just the corner of the rectangles painted on the PCB.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review - by Antoine - 06-Jul-2020, 14:27