Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
(05-Jul-2020, 16:27)Confused Wrote: Ah, no.  Note that the Diablo socket is upside down verses the Devialet implementation, so effectively they are identical.

Devialet might be a little annoying sometimes, but they have at least got the mains socket right.

Hi, well watched Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
As seen in the pictures, only the Furutech socket matches the graphic proposed in the review for the Devialets... It would be necessary to ask Devialet to have no doubt.
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(05-Jul-2020, 16:27)Confused Wrote: Ah, no. Note that the Diablo socket is upside down verses the Devialet implementation, so effectively they are identical.

Devialet might be a little annoying sometimes, but they have at least got the mains socket right.

Now I’m Confused! Big Grin I think K4680 pointed out that, at least according to this review, Devialet did not get it right. You’re saying they did get it right, what am I missing here? Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Looking at the picture of the interior of the Devialet that includes the review, there is a dashed line marked with the name "Live" several times on its way out from the left pin (seen the Devialet not upside down) coinciding with the standard of the other amplifiers and not with the illustration of the review. So I think the review graph is wrong in identifying where the Live pin is in the Devialet socket.
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Explanation, follow later! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Good job @K4680 getting such a clear picture of the inlet.  As they say, a picture paints a thousand words....

This is indeed the correct convention, as indicated by the T&A amp and the upside down mains socket Diablo pictures on the last page. The text is not that clear on the above snip, it states that the live pin is the one nearest the speaker terminal in both views.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Has anyone in a 'Schucko' country actually tried changing phase and noticed the difference?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Regarding the pictures, these are of the non-pro models. The Pro models no longer have an integrated ‘off the shelve’ inlet filter like the Schurters as Devialet built their own (I suppose to not filter out the ethernet over powerline frequencies. Functionality they haven’t enabled yet BTW). One can see the differences on the picture in the review @Nakatomi63 also mentioned.

Earlier I had already searched for clearer pictures to check for markings but couldn’t find any so for me this is still an ‘unresolved matter’. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-Jul-2020, 11:04)Antoine Wrote: Regarding the pictures, these are of the non-pro models. The Pro models no longer have an integrated ‘off the shelve’ inlet filter like the Schurters as Devialet built their own (I suppose to not filter out the ethernet over powerline frequencies. Functionality they haven’t enabled yet BTW). One can see the differences on the picture in the review @Nakatomi63 also mentioned.

Earlier I had already searched for clearer pictures to check for markings but couldn’t find any so for me this is still an ‘unresolved matter’. Smile

Antoine, you're Dutch. Do you make sure you have your phase connected correctly?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Is that an "L" next to the inner pin? Possibly not?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12