Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New prices for upgrade programme to Expert Pro with Core Infinity
(10-Jul-2020, 15:46)ada Wrote: My gut feeling is saying they are just milking the last cents from Expert line and then they will finalize the lifetime of it maybe with a final software release.

The last time I saw Devialet with an Expert Pro advertisement in social media was more than a year ago. Definitely, they don't want to promote anything in that line as it is pending something as a final decision Smile

(I am not manipulating, that's totally based on my gut feeling, nothing less or more.)

I think I've seen an Expert Pro advertisement in nearly every issue of Stereophile for the last year or more and I also think I've seen more reviews of Expert Pros in print and on online websites in the last year than I saw in the year or two before that. Any survey based on sampling of any kind, whether that be of advertisements or reviews or whatever, delivers results based on the quality of the sampling and what we see depends on where we look. You and I are obviously looking in different places and seeing different things as a result. I'm not on Facebook or any other social media service but what I've seen from comments here about their postings on social media tends to suggest to me that the frequency of their postings on social media goes up considerably when they're about to release something new and drops once the release is made when advertising elsewhere goes up. I think they use social media to tease interest in preparation for product releases and tend to advertise elsewhere but I could be wrong.

I think Devialet use social media for getting news out there and building anticipation. Those who see some new announcement spread it around amongst other people which ensures it gets a lot of coverage. Nobody spreads new advertisements for existing products around anywhere near as much as they spread news items around. Advertisements aren't news. I don't think I'll be seeing any posts about Devialet comments on social media until Devialet are about to announce something they want to prepare people for and once that preparation and the announcements are over they'll stop using social media again until the next time. If you want to look for Devialet advertisements you probably need to look elsewhere.

That's my gut feeling.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: New prices for upgrade programme to Expert Pro with Core Infinity - by David A - 11-Jul-2020, 00:12