Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phono ground for Expert pro 220 ?

@pvanosta - I have a bit more time now as it is the weekend.  I removed one of the knurled earth connector nuts from one of my 250Pro's, see photo's above.

The pictures are not great, but it should give you a good idea of what the original Devialet supplied item looks like.  I am presuming that the 220Pro has the same item as the 250Pro, there is no conceivable reason why they should be different.  (plus it looks like my patio table needs varnishing!)

Space is tight on the Devialet, so it does need to be this type of design, or very similar.  (see picture)

You (or anyone else) can judge from the pictures, but it looks like an M4 thread, 6mm overall diameter, with 12mm overall length.  I have had a look on the 'net, I can find many similar items, but nothing identical.  (many similar looking items are shorter than the 12mm long item used by Devialet)

Some links below, but as full dimensions are not shown it is not clear that any of these are 100% correct, as I mentioned, space is tight at the back of a Devialet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32832154190.html

https://www.lazada.sg/products/20pcs10pc...62182.html

So as a weekend challenge to the community, can anyone find a link to something that matches the photographs above?

To be honest, I am sure Devialet must have a bucket load of these somewhere at their factory, and if it was me I would like to have the right item.  It would be nice if they responded to your correspondence and helped you out.  

@Greg - My earlier post was intended as a bit of light hearted humor.  Maybe this could be misinterpreted, so I would like to absolutely clear that I do not wish to encourage theft from hifi dealers, or anyone else. I would delete this part of my post, but it now needs to remain to keep the context of your post that responds to it. I have edited my earlier post to clarify that in no way do I wish to encourage theft at any level.

Maybe I need to explain the humor?  It was to encourage the image of something like a "revenge movie", somewhere there is a disgruntled audiophile so mentally tormented by an early life event at a hifi dealer that he comes up with a cunning and elaborate heist to liberate the offending dealer of a knurled earthing nut and hence gain the satisfaction and glory of retribution.  Of course, if you factor in the time involved, transport costs, parking etc., it would probably not really have been worth it for a $5 nut.  Hence I thought this was moderately amusing.  That said, I have to agree that petty theft is the "thin end of the wedge" and should not be encouraged in any way.  So I apologise unreservedly for my earlier careless comment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: phono ground for Expert pro 220 ? - by Confused - 18-Jul-2020, 09:53