Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
As an update to the above I had sent a question to the Gustard support email address, just as a double check of the sMS-200 / 24/192 issue.  I received a reply within a few hours:

hi friend,
It's really not compatible
so sorry let you waiting so long time
have a nice day

So, it looks like it will not work and will not be fixed any time soon!  I have to give Gustard some credit for a straightforward answer to my query.  I was very clear in my email that I was a potential purchaser, they basically replied "don't buy it".

As idle speculation, I am wondering if Gustard made a bit of a mistake using the ES8620 USB interface and if a similar model with an alternative interface might appear some time in the future?  Meanwhile, the U16 looks a little flawed at the moment.

I also note a recent post on AS, someone has just received his Audio-GD DI-20HE and is planning a comparison with his current Gustard U16.  I shall watch that one with interest, but meanwhile bask in the delights of my Mutec MC3+USB. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by Confused - 06-Aug-2020, 18:49