Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha home cinema to with Gold Phantoms
(11-Dec-2020, 10:53)micky8pool Wrote: The set up you gave me with the Optical cables, I'm not sure I can drag a 100 meters of cable in the house for the all around speakers. I think this is do-able only for a small home cinema. But I have I have a home cinema with standmount speakers. 
Only the ethernet cables should be long.  Ideally, get an electrician to lay ethernet cables from the switch to the Phantoms with terminated end points. For each Phantom, you will need short ethernet cable, adapter and short optical cable to Phantom.  

You can of course buy standard ethernet cables and lay them your self.  Then, for each Phantom, you need an adapter and short optical cable.

(11-Dec-2020, 10:53)micky8pool Wrote: What's your opinion ? Or I just give up the AVR to Devialet set up and use the devialets with their app for streaming, and have a separate home cinema system ? If so, I won't be able to connect my turntable to my wireless phantoms. For this I'll need to do cabling to another Amp with 3 optical cables to 3 Phantoms that will extend to the other 3 thanks to the "stereo" limited to 2 phantoms per set up I guess.
It is a trade-off between incredible sound with the Phantoms & complex setup versus easier to set up standard sounding home theatre. If you love home theatre and want to get maximum value out of the Phanthoms, then go Dante. If you are not sure, then go standard.

(10-Dec-2020, 15:20)micky8pool Wrote: I'm pretty open to buy any accessory or home cinema system as long as it can do the work ! 
What I have posted definitely works and is the recommended Devialet method to set up the Phantoms for surround sound home theatre.  However, it is not for everyone and only a few in the forum have done this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yamaha home cinema to with Gold Phantoms - by Snoopy8 - 11-Dec-2020, 13:20