Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll
Bravo @Confused

This is a very nice idea for a thread, and I feel this community is perfect for some sharing of ideas and feelings and internet radio.

Here on the west coast of Canada, we are in a bit of a holding pattern on the virus and lockdown rules: stay home as much as possible, masks required at all indoor spaces (NIC your own house, and Christmas gatherings are within your own house only). People here are generally very good about following the rules, so our new case counts are high, but stable or on a gentle decline.

Except for the social and travel constraints, I consider us to be very lucky. We have heat and hot water, flush toilets, and plenty of excellent food, wine and beer. And I don't have to go to work. So, all things considered, Best Pandemic Ever!

I miss playing music, but having an excellent music system is something I appreciate even more now. We're going through our CD selection again, which is nice to have time to do, and (on topic, finally) internet radio is something we really appreciate. A few of our favourites are Ancient FM, Audiophile Baroque, Global Chillout by World Fusion, and KEXP, which also has some excellent video concerts; they do the Tiny Desk Concerts. Our favourite station remains OFF Radio, from Greece. This is generally down tempo, and often cover versions, but very creatively done. We also listen to the Italian RAI stations to pretend we're keeping up our limited Italian.

I have found BBC 6 Music on TuneIn Radio, so I will give that a go, and look for some English beer to sip as well. Recommendations welcome!

Now that we have passed the darkest day of the year (in the northern hemisphere) I hope we all can hold on and get through to lighter, brighter and happier days ahead. I'm just reminded now that, through music in various forms and media, I've met some wonderful people. People I've dealt with buying or selling equipment, playing music, and here on Devialet Chat as well. So many members have helped me with advice and guidance over the years. I'll take this moment to say 'thanks' to all of you, and to add my wish for good health and happiness to all for 2021 and beyond.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll - by Damon - 22-Dec-2020, 19:03