Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll
I'll be honest, there have been fewer posts in this thread than I expected. Maybe seasonal cheer is in short supply in these troubled times?

But not to despair! Thanks in no small part to Damon posting very many suggestions, we now have a reasonable list of recommended internet radio stations. We also have an early contender for the "UDC Christmas No. 1 radio station". Radio Paradise storms into a massive lead with 3 mentions. Much to my surprise, BBC 6 music is also a very strong contender having received fully 2 mentions, snapping at the heals of leader Radio Paradise.

BBC 6 Music (Check out Guy Garvey’s show on a Sunday) - 2 votes
Ancient FM
Audiophile Baroque
Global Chillout
World Fusion
KEXP (including the magnificent Tiny Desk concerts)
OFF Radio (Greek)
Italian RAI stations (Also excellent for learning a second language, unless Italian is your native language)
Radio Paradise (check out the rock mix) - 3 votes
JB Radio

I pledged in the OP that I would listen to all of the recommendations here, and I will, there is already enough listed to keep me going for a while, and unless anything changes in the recommendations, I shall have Radio Paradise playing loudly and proudly tomorrow morning as I peel some spouts and work out how to cook a Turkey. It should at least make a change from listening to the dulcet tones of Noddy Holder and Shane MacGowan.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll - by Confused - 24-Dec-2020, 10:17