Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turntable disappointment, what did I do wrong?
(05-Jan-2021, 20:41)sven911 Wrote:
(05-Jan-2021, 20:32)Rma Wrote: @eladeb the least I can say is that the Sonos A2C works better than the one on the Pro-Ject Phono Box DS2 USB...

I also decided to go for the Puffin, with the Toslink Output. It’s now pushing 24/96 which is the max that the Phantom can process from the optical input anyways. 

I saw a few options to convert optical to USB if I want to rip the vinyls later...

Will let you know :-)

(Also, still slightly angry at Devialet for letting their customers tinkering around to stream music from a turntable... thousands of preamps out there, only 3 or 4 max come with an optical output... all high end streamers have analog inputs... that plus roon raat... I love the magic coming out of these speakers but it’s tough love)

There is a high end phono stage with an optical output, the Unison Research uPhono+. Reviews are vey good especially for the pricepoint.
I did not try it yet because I am in the proces of buying Phantoms when they are Roon certified.

Thx @sven911 I will check that out. Even if I ordered the puffin digital with optical out already... I can share what I found also. In higher price tags, there is the M2Tech Joplin (MKII and MKIII) which has good reviews and has toslink and usb out. Even more expensive there is the Mcintosh MP100, but its USB out sampling rate is limited to 96kHz. And then a CRAZY expensive Macintosh ($8k) MP1100.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turntable disappointment, what did I do wrong? - by Rma - 07-Jan-2021, 11:40