Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying advice: Phantom Classic Stereo
(19-Jan-2021, 10:47)fabien44 Wrote:
(13-Jan-2021, 20:09)Bbnsound Wrote:
(12-Jan-2021, 13:10)MC94 Wrote: - For those who also know the LS50W: Are they in the same league as LS50W + Sub? 

I have the LS50W and a pair of Golds. Unfortunately no Classics.
In direct comparison with the Golds, the LS50W not only lack in the low end. For me, the Golds are without any doubt in an entirely other league. Although Classics are not the same as Golds, I am sure they will achieve much better results than the LS50W.

Hello,
you conclude the Golds are superior than LS50W, but in which aspects? Even in the mid? What about the timber? I read others reviews that on piano the timber was higly better with the Kef than the Phantom. The Kef was more for hifi and the phantom for HC.

Your point interested me because i mainly listen to acoustic music and i like warm sounds and beautiful voices (piano bar jazz voice).
My room is 23m2 and 3m50 listening distance.

Thanks

As a previous owner of both the phantom gold and the ls50 wireless. I must say in the bass department and scale the phantom was clearly superior. 

But when you attach a subwoofer to the ls50w that setup sounded  better to me. 

The phantom golds were fun in the beginning and had a big wow factor. But that was mostly due to the bigness of the sound and the bass. They were impressive with electronic and dance music. 

However, it sounded cold and artificial to me. Especially acoustic and classical music sounded better on the kefs.

To me the Kefs had a warmer sound, better mids and as you mentioned piano, that was better on the Kefs as well.
Devialet Phantom Gold Stereo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying advice: Phantom Classic Stereo - by Cyral - 19-Jan-2021, 23:26