Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
(05-Feb-2021, 02:19)bravocharlie Wrote: The latest from Devialet:

At the moment, I have a few clients who are facing the exact issue as you. We are doing research on this issue and are seeking of solution from our software team.
I will update you once I have any news.

I like how he says: "a few". I seriously doubt that. I also wonder how this software/firmware gets released without a proper beta test. This is the second release that has been buggy and created havoc. You really have to start to wonder what is going on in France at this point. Well funded, great product, poor customer service (days for resolution), poor execution, horrible website for support, and extremely poor communication on all fronts. App and firmware released without ANY mention on the support portion of the website. Really? That came AFTER it was released almost a day later. You also really have to wonder at this point if management knows what's going on in the trenches or this information is withheld and they're operating in some sort of French Utopia that everything is just wonderful. Its not; especially for a premium brand (supposedly).

I’m not French but live in France. Of course when I look at the Apple website I wonder very similarly. What goes on in the USA? Is this a sort of North American Utopia? No replies from Apple for weeks, sometimes months.... comparisons aside and more seriously, beta testing can only do little when the offer relies on an external infrastructure, networks, phones, PCs, etc. Computer Audio is fragile and a SME like Devialet can only handle part of the chain. I do not want to defend them, but it has probably little to do with French or France. I’m not aware of any country that masters the digital world and delivers bug-free software. Only look at all the national COVID apps and how bugfree they are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade - by streamy - 05-Feb-2021, 18:40