Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
I fully agree and in many posts criticized how Devialet goes 1 step forward and 2 steps back for its user base. And I’m all with you that customers should not be beta testers, nor victims on decisions the companies take. I grew old in being early adopter in the latest tech. 10 and more years ago, and maybe also 5 years ago I went for the latest, travelled to US to get the first Iphone that was not sold in Europe, and amazingly still has (in 2021) a longer battery autonomy than a IPhone 6s, 7, and 8.
Anyway, in the last years I have changed to wait a few weeks to see if something new has reached commonly reported stability. Then I install it. And I think all those that need to have things working need to develop this patience before they bite in. This is the same everywhere, whether it is a new Tesla car, a new Microsoft operating system, a new Apple update. Early updaters do it for curiosity and not because they have no alternatives and are forced to. For many and in the past it was also a ‘sport’ for me to be the one that wants to be at the front. And if in a hobby like audio there is nothing to loose this attitude is perfectly fine. Nothing to loose, one can sell and buy in to different.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade - by streamy - 05-Feb-2021, 22:17