Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside...
(14-Feb-2015, 23:34)Pim van Vliet Wrote: If you're looking at the Focus, then you might want to have a think about the Focus 200 XD and no Devialet. I don't know if that works out with what you want to connect up to it but it could well be worth it. If you want to go for the Focus 160's, get a D200. My C1's are about the same sensitivity and they really like the juice as all Dynaudios do.

Good luck,

Pim

I heared the Dynaudio 600XD (the topmodel of the active Dynaudio's) on a audioshow last week. They were very disappointing. The sound was a bit 'digital' to me, the lows were overpresented and had a tendancy to stick to the LSs and they lacked focus and control. No shadow of a good sounding system. 

I can state that Dynaudio loudspeakers can sound very well with Devialet. I agree with Pim that they do need the juice. 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside... - by Charlemagne - 14-Feb-2015, 23:54