Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with waterfall niagara part of surround set
Giving some news...

I'm now a happy owner of an expert 250 pro !!! That thing is amazing, so versatile and the sound quality is day and night compared with the Marantz.

I've played with the config a full day already 😇

Now the goal is to better integrate it into the 5.1 setup. At first, the front (connected to the Expert) were so low i couldn't hear them. I've done a few things and it's now dramatically improved.
- change db leveling (up to +15) and back to 0 now
- gradually reduce the vrms setting to align with Marantz input until reaching 1.2 which appears to be the value for denon/Marantz
- new audissey setup to level the whole setup
- icm ON / off, can't hear the difference though, knowing it's only the front thzt is connected and not the center which i believe would benefit more of this feature
- my interconnect rca is a chord clearway which needs some burnin time (brand new) so there's room for improvement here for sure

Anyway, It's now much better and very nice to listen to movies. Although i believe i hear a difference of dynamics compared to the sound without the Expert. Any settings you guys can recommend ? Vrms is right ? I didn't dare going any lower, any experience with Marantz? (Quite difficult to find)
Is it right that vrms impact the way speakers sound is amplified while the db leveling just increase their starting volume n that specific entry ?

Streaming wise : any chance devialet can integrate TuneIn in the streaming protocols?

ThankW.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet with waterfall niagara part of surround set - by Wills1831 - 29-Nov-2021, 07:20