Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub
Photo 
Hi @ArnoNYC

First of all, I envy you in Paris. Really, that is a very good address.

On the subwoofer side, I completely  understand your position. I have and love my Dali standpoints, and the urge for a little more bottom end is a funny thing; the tone and bass is there, but at the same time, a bit more heft would be welcome. So, I added a single KEF C62, and with a bit of fussing, I've made it work and I really like it. It sits in the system sound very nicely. Tight and tuneful, it is not noticeable as a separate thing.

It does two things really well. First, it does extend the bass reproduction in an easy way, both with tone and some impact. Not massive impact, but it feels that every thing you want is there. Second, it frees up the midrange of the main speakers. I use SAM together with the pre out low pass sent to the sub. I'm very happy with the addition of the sub. For a modest price, it really works.

Here is a very poor picture of the KEF in our room. It is very compact and that was extremely important as well.

BTW, I have heard the Atohm, and I think they are wonderful speakers, and a small, musical sub like the KEF would be an excellent match. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub - by ArnoNYC - 06-Mar-2022, 17:53
RE: Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub - by Pim - 07-Mar-2022, 10:58
RE: Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub - by Damon - 07-Mar-2022, 07:22