Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub
(06-Mar-2022, 22:47)Delija Wrote: There is a difference between good and great integration.

It's not so hard to get good bass. The main issue is that subwoofers affect the whole FR - no matter if you use high-pass filter or not and how steep the low-pass filter is. Even sounds that don't have any fundaments in bass range, like cymbals are greatly affected by subwoofers - pretty much the same as with Devialet SAM.

BTW, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm yet to hear stereo system with vented subwoofer(s) which sound good by my criteria. They are just too slow and not precise/tight/controlled enough.

I’ve often wondered about the term ‘slow’ with regards to sub woofers. The frequencies they produce dictate that they have to move ‘slowly’.  If they move fadt, then they aren’t producing the frequency they’re meant to. I wonder whether people who complain about slow subs are just asking the subs to work in the mid bass region where ‘fast’ means ‘tight’ bass.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub - by ArnoNYC - 06-Mar-2022, 17:53
RE: Expert 220 Pro CI - Sub or no Sub - by Pim - 07-Mar-2022, 10:58