Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active Kudos Titans w/Devialets?
I was at the aforementioned Munich event 5 years ago when they explained and demonstrated the active use of Devialet with Vivid Gaias. The video here is the one I took, just to show, not for a sound demo, of course.
They explained that they worked for MONTHS with Laurence Dickie, the designer engineer of Vivid, to get the crossover right. Although I have a two-way speaker (YG Acoustics Carmel) and two Devialets, after hearing that story, I would never dream of even trying to set them up actively. I do have a measuring mic and intermediate knowledge of using REW but designing an active crossover is an art. Not to mention, that setting the Devialets is always back and forth to an SD card, so it's way too much time, considering, you'll have to set volume, delay, etc. It took me a day just to get the sub integration right.
It is a shame that Devialet didn't make the effort to work with somewhat more affordable speakers (then the Vivid Gaia) and provide set values we could use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-DoW4Cxt9E
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: Active Kudos Titans w/Devialets? - by Pim - 29-Dec-2022, 23:13
RE: Active Kudos Titans w/Devialets? - by zdenes - 05-Jun-2023, 04:49