Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and USB cables
More details of the totaldac USB here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/totaldac2/3.html

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Jul-2015, 12:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: More details of the totaldac USB here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/totaldac2/3.html

Guillaume

It is getting difficult to discriminate between Darko's and Srajan's writing. Good reviews which often must be read more than once to be fully appreciate. Big Grin
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(02-Jul-2015, 00:02)LBameule Wrote: Thanks, Antoine, you clarified the issue for me. ?

In your (or anyone's) view, is FW 8.1.2 as good using USB and Regen as using Air Eth? Better, worse?

Thanks!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Hi L, I don't know about AIR/8.1.2 vs. USB since I haven't used AIR for a very long time.

(02-Jul-2015, 01:52)warpeon Wrote: Antoine, how did you connect both the regen and total dac? Mind sharing a photo?

Hi Warpeon, the Regen is connected to my D250 directly using the short and 'solid' USB adapter that comes with the Regen. It is the advised/preferred way to connect the Regen. The TotalDAC D1 USB cable plugs in to the Regen.

The Regen does not fit under the lid of the 250 with the supplied short adapter. Better said, it fits but you can't close the lid. I had mine lying already tilted on the 250 because of the Oyaide IEC power plug which is also too big.

Already shared a picture (with lots of dust Wink) it's here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...3#pid19763 The Totaldac is the little black box hanging from the Regen. The little black box I am holding is the SBooster unit (power filter) that is integrated into the BoTWS linear PSU I use for the moment to power the Regen.

(02-Jul-2015, 05:41)Music or sound Wrote: So your assumption is that passive filters like Totaldac or may be Audioquest (obviously presently unknown) perform similar tasks? Also why Devialet needs clean 5V from USB? I tried some experiments with and with out USB power from my macbook to my D250. It needs the power connections to do the " hand shake" to initialize the connection but afterwards one could cut that connection. I do not know which side of that connection really needs that hand shake. I surmise that reclocking could be the major improvement to any computer based audio!

Hi music or sound, yes I think the Totaldac and AQ Jitterbug perform similar tasks and this is confirmed by both manufacturers specifications of the devices. The question of course is do they do it equally well or is one better at it. Smile

I only mentioned the clean 5V feed from the Regen to be complete, as it is one of it's general functions. However you're right that for the Devialet it is not really necessary as it indeed only uses the 5V for handshake purposes but further it is a self powered design. The 5V lead however IS connected to the Devialet so whether the power coming from it is used or not there is an electrical connection which can also be a source of noise so I suppose it's nice if it's as clean as possible.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Antoine, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(03-Jul-2015, 16:42)warpeon Wrote: Antoine, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks, Antoine!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
http://audience-av.com/reviews/PDF/TAS_r...7_2015.pdf

Might be a candidate to try?
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
wow that price is high
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Two weeks with totaldac D1 USB cable and I have interesting observation,
I took from work new simple printer USB cable and plugged it instead of totaldac cable in to my Devialet and Aurender.
I really wanted to hear that printer USB cable that was brand new, sounds awful and my money spent on D1 cable was justify and I enjoy my new totaldac cable very much and I'm a luckiest man on earth.
But to my surprise printer USB cable sounds exactly the same as 370€ totaldac cable!!!!
I did at least 6 times switch between the cables, at first I tried to compare same song that I played on each cable that was plugged in , after not hear any difference I decided to play a couple of songs on each cable and see if I enjoy in general of the sound.
I played familiar to me songs on each cable that was plugged in and enjoyed exactly the same way, I couldn't destiguish any difference!!!!!

If some one interested I can sell my Printer cable for much better price then totaldac and I ensure you will here no difference Smile
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
As well you can check following link , it's not in English but looking on pictures there will be enough to understand that some one is doing millions on our audiophile blind religion.
(Basically same as with any other religion , but thats for different forums ).
http://nerds.dk/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8393

[Image: file.php?id=2234&sid=2e19dde65ce7759450398249aa3995c7]
Sorry for bursting someone's bubble Wink
Don't hate me, I'm in the same boat.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
By the way, couple of months ago I did a test with my friend on Power cables , we took 4 or 5 very expensive cables, my friend brought his Measurement gear with calibrated microphone, mixer tripod and etc...
We tried to capture the difference between cables on graphs, to see how cables effects tonality , guess what? All cable graphs were exactly the same!!!!! exactly as our impression of the cables by hearing them.

I have the graphs if you really want to see.