Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker
Believe it or not, I got one as a gift for my birthday but haven't had time to test it out yet. I was thinking of trying it between my TV and the Devialet, and also with my fairly cheap Blu-ray player, which can also play SACD's, so might prove an interesting test. I don't think I will have time to set it up and do any sensible listening with it for maybe a couple of weeks, but when I do, I'll report back
Come to think of it, Wyred4Sound Remedy is a bit on the expensive side, considering that it only reclocks signals. I'm also considering an external DAC with low jitter clocks and headphone amp, for about the same price.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Rainbow 
(20-Oct-2015, 12:44)Confused Wrote: Believe it or not, I got one as a gift for my birthday but haven't had time to test it out yet.  I was thinking of trying it between my TV and the Devialet, and also with my fairly cheap Blu-ray player, which can also play SACD's, so might prove an interesting test.  I don't think I will have time to set it up and do any sensible listening with it for maybe a couple of weeks, but when I do, I'll report back

Confused,

If it makes a dramatic difference you won't need to do any sensible listening. You will know right away. How long does it take to set up? Sounds fairly simple to me if you have a spare interconnect available.

I do not know your relationship with the giver so I may be out of line. If I gave someone a Reclocker as a gift and they put it in the closet for three weeks I would feel like I had given a gift that was not appreciated or wanted. Maintain harmony in your audio system and your relationships. Heart
(21-Oct-2015, 16:13)bentrider Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 12:44)Confused Wrote: Believe it or not, I got one as a gift for my birthday but haven't had time to test it out yet.  I was thinking of trying it between my TV and the Devialet, and also with my fairly cheap Blu-ray player, which can also play SACD's, so might prove an interesting test.  I don't think I will have time to set it up and do any sensible listening with it for maybe a couple of weeks, but when I do, I'll report back

Confused,

If it makes a dramatic difference you won't need to do any sensible listening. You will know right away. How long does it take to set up? Sounds fairly simple to me if you have a spare interconnect available.

I do not know your relationship with the giver so I may be out of line. If I gave someone a Reclocker as a gift and they put it in the closet for three weeks I would feel like I had given a gift that was not appreciated or wanted. Maintain harmony in your audio system and your relationships. Heart

LOL. Bent rider's relationship advice. 
Question; My wife bought me a milk chocolate egg for Easter. I prefer dark chocolate. My wife knows this. Should I take that as a sign she doesn't love me anymore or does it just mean she wants to eat the chocolate herself?

Signed,

Troubled heart  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Jan-1970, 01:24)Pim van Vliet
[/quote' Wrote:
LOL. Bent rider's relationship advice. 
Question; My wife bought me a milk chocolate egg for Easter. I prefer dark chocolate. My wife knows this. Should I take that as a sign she doesn't love me anymore or does it just mean she wants to eat the chocolate herself?

Signed,

Troubled heart  Tongue

Pim,

I feel your pain.  I too prefer dark chocolate.
You should have signed your question "clueless".  Huh  You were wrong on both counts.  Your wife was testing to see if you still loved her.  If you did you would have consumed the chocolate in short order while making appreciative noises and saying it was the best milk chocolate you had ever eaten. She knows you prefer dark chocolate. Wives remember that kind of thing.  Now I am afraid it may be too late to make amends.  Try flowers and jewelry or a fancy restaurant or all three.  And good luck. Heart

There is one other possible explanation.  Maybe the milk chocolate egg was on sale. Big Grin There are some things more dear to a women's heart than love.
I had assumed that Bentrider was probably a very nice Mr Ben T Rider.....

Seeing his earlier post, I did consider posting something quite hilarious, related to Devialet advertising imagery, naked queens, tattooed men and massive rearing stallions having fun at one of Mr Bent Rider's notoriously wild Devialet parties. However, I decided against this in the end.

Anyway, getting this back on topic. The re-clocker will be carefully auditioned with a varied selection of possible duties, should be interesting. I agree that it is a fairly easy thing to set up, (biggest issue, I have run out of available mains outlets!) but there are a few things I want to try with it, so it will need a few quiet hours. Checking my schedule, it looks like this will probably happen 31st October. I'm too busy with a naked queen and a tattooed man before then.
Can't wait for your test results.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

IMHO :
Just another drawback in signal path ! One more USB cable, two more contact places and ofcourse one more Walmart PS for this useless digital appendix.
Regards , Hrky
Confused, is the naked queen and tattooed man one person or two? Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(22-Oct-2015, 13:04)Confused Wrote: I had assumed that Bentrider was probably a very nice  Mr Ben T Rider.....

Seeing his earlier post, I did consider posting something quite hilarious, related to Devialet advertising imagery, naked queens, tattooed men and massive rearing stallions having fun at one of Mr Bent Rider's notoriously wild Devialet parties.  However, I decided against this in the end.

Anyway, getting this back on topic.  The re-clocker will be carefully auditioned with a varied selection of possible duties, should be interesting.  I agree that it is a fairly easy thing to set up, (biggest issue, I have run out of available mains outlets!) but there are a few things I want to try with it, so it will need a few quiet hours.  Checking my schedule, it looks like this will probably happen 31st October.  I'm too busy with a naked queen and a tattooed man before then.

Thanks look forward to the results... If you are going to run it with a TV i'm also curious if there are any a/v sync issues that are introduced by the reclocker.

Appreciate it!
Devialet 120, Kef LS50