Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(25-Oct-2016, 18:17)pete86 Wrote: Is AIR 3.0.1 beta compatible with any firmware? Has anyone tried it with high res or DSD?

Hello! As far as I know, AIR3 beta should work with any firmware.

I have used it with both high resolution (24/96 and 24/192) files and DSD64 files with nary a hitch.

Be mindful on a Mac you need to have your music software convert DSD to PCM. On the Windows platform DSD works without conversion.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(25-Oct-2016, 18:27)baddog Wrote:
(25-Oct-2016, 18:17)pete86 Wrote: Is AIR 3.0.1 beta compatible with any firmware? Has anyone tried it with high res or DSD?

Hello! As far as I know, AIR3 beta should work with any firmware.

I have used it with both high resolution (24/96 and 24/192) files and DSD64 files with nary a hitch.

Be mindful on a Mac you need to have your music software convert DSD to PCM. On the Windows platform DSD works without conversion.

Is that so? Does the new Air 3b in Mac not work with DSD? Damn, now I understand some issues I was having before...

Thanks, regards!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah - I have logged a case with Devialet, and noted that while it works fine on the Windows version, it does not for the Mac version. On the Mac version one gets a combination of noise and music, making for an unsatisfying music experience.

I use Roon, so when using it on a Mac, I have to have Roon convert DSD to PCM. When using Roon on a Windows system I can enabled DSD (DoP) and it works fine.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(25-Oct-2016, 20:14)baddog Wrote: Yeah - I have logged a case with Devialet, and noted that while it works fine on the Windows version, it does not for the Mac version. On the Mac version one gets a combination of noise and music, making for an unsatisfying music experience.

I use Roon, so when using it on a Mac, I have to have Roon convert DSD to PCM. When using Roon on a Windows system I can enabled DSD (DoP) and it works fine.

I even added the steps to recreate the problem on the AIR3 page for them:

-- Select DSD file. Press play. No sound comes out. --

Apparently they're still trying to reproduce it their end. Rolleyes

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Oct-2016, 20:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(25-Oct-2016, 20:14)baddog Wrote: Yeah - I have logged a case with Devialet, and noted that while it works fine on the Windows version, it does not for the Mac version. On the Mac version one gets a combination of noise and music, making for an unsatisfying music experience.

I even added the steps to recreate the problem on the AIR3 page for them:

-- Select DSD file. Press play. No sound comes out. --

Apparently they're still trying to reproduce it their end.  Rolleyes

Funny, yet sad....
SXSW, US
Where can i download Air 3.0.1 from..? Can't find it anywhere.

Cancel That,found it.

Gotta say it seems great.. Early days but so far i am having no trouble with any sample rates at all over WiFi..

Using Roon all on one machine.
Seems like they done it right this time. No problem whatsoever with 3.0.1 here.
Yeah, you bet you won't have a problem, because they're sampling everything down to 44.1KHz before sending it to the D's. Tested on ETH with 24/88.2 , 24/192 (Pressed source button for 2s on remote and it shows 44.1 EVERY time on display).

So, no glitches, sounds ok, but, Devialet, we'd like to test an AIR3.0.2 beta with real HiRes!

EDIT:

The above is a windows driver issue. But why do I have to care for the right setting rather than Devialet let their AIR tunnel through all these Windows settings so I don't run into difficulties?

EDIT of EDIT:

I only get a 24/192 to my D if I make a permanent entry of this sampling frequency within the windows driver.

I don't get the original sampling frequency from the PC to my D. Am I doing something wrong or has anybody else the same problem.
Anybody help?

EDIT 3:
Now AIR3.0.1 APP crashes ever time booting Win7. I did a reinstall of AIR 3.0.1 but to no avail.

Windows says:

"Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname: DevialetAIR.exe
  Anwendungsversion: 3.0.1.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel: 57ff52a9
  Fehlermodulname: MSVCR120.dll
  Fehlermodulversion: 12.0.21005.1
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 524f7ce6
  Ausnahmecode: 40000015
  Ausnahmeoffset: 000a7676
  Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
  Zusatzinformation 1: 9ade
  Zusatzinformation 2: 9ade062244bb7268cf97ac83df802677
  Zusatzinformation 3: 3336
  Zusatzinformation 4: 33366a9313af19475ff710840fd8ddb3
"
Any clues?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
yabaVR,

You have to use music software capable of WASAPI communication to the AIR driver or windows will resample just as you are experiencing.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Ok. But in Foobar I can only choose: "LS (Devialet Air)" as a output device, no special WASAPI. So I have to load a special WASAPI from foobar repository?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin