Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(28-Oct-2016, 16:53)yabaVR Wrote: Ok. But in Foobar I can only choose: "LS (Devialet Air)" as a output device, no special WASAPI. So I have to load a special WASAPI from foobar repository?

gui

Yes.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

WASAPI did the trick. Thanx.

In foobar I can choose for WASAPI (event) or WASAPI (push) and below Output Format: 16/24/32 bit.
Any recomands?
I think 32 bit being the best to send even not being the original bitdepth. I do force jPlay on my other PC to do 32bit and found it to be better. I will try the same here. Has anybody done the same and found sound improvements?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Event style.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(28-Oct-2016, 18:32)Dr Tone Wrote: Event style.
Can I ask why? I've never know what to choose for this.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(28-Oct-2016, 20:37)Soniclife Wrote:
(28-Oct-2016, 18:32)Dr Tone Wrote: Event style.
Can I ask why?  I've never know what to choose for this.
I didn't know either. But Google leads to event style being dynamic in time and amount of cache. It's faster.
Push style is more old school, big cache, slow. I think hearing is believing. Didn't try myself yet.
gui
berlin
Im running AIR 3.0.1 beta on a Windows 10 NUC running Roon and HQPlayer, upsampling to DSD64. Turned on a playlist when I went to sleep. 8 hours later and music was still playing. Been playing all morning at 176.4 PCM and still nothing but music. No drop outs no white noise or any unwanted clicks so far!
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(30-Oct-2016, 17:00)pete86 Wrote: Im running AIR 3.0.1 beta on a Windows 10 NUC running Roon and HQPlayer, upsampling to DSD64. Turned on a playlist when I went to sleep. 8 hours later and music was still playing. Been playing all morning at 176.4 PCM and still nothing but music. No drop outs no white noise or any unwanted clicks so far!

Did you compare SQ to your other reference source (USB?)? What do you think about AIR3 SQwise ?
berlin
My 2 cents... AIR 3 (3.0 or 3.0.1) sounds noticeably better than did AIR 2.1.3. And while I can tell a slight difference between AIR 3 vs using a Sonore uRendu with iFI PS into USB, I can't really decide which I like better. Very difficult to discern difference to these ears. Now, would the uRendu sound noticeably better than AIR if using the new Uptone LPS-1? Maybe someday I'll bite to figure that out.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(30-Oct-2016, 21:06)mdconnelly Wrote: My 2 cents... AIR 3 (3.0 or 3.0.1) sounds noticeably better than did AIR 2.1.3.    And while I can tell a slight difference between AIR 3 vs using a Sonore uRendu with iFI PS into USB, I can't really decide which I like better.  Very difficult to discern difference to these ears.   Now, would the uRendu sound noticeably better than AIR if using the new Uptone LPS-1?   Maybe someday I'll bite to figure that out.

If it helps, when I had my microRendu I had it powered by an Uptone Audio JS-2 power supply. I decided the differences, if any between it and AIR3 were such that I sold the microRendu. Of course YMMV.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
IME the USB interface of the Devialet is/becomes a bottleneck at a certain level. Based on reading about the experiences of others the same goes for many other DAC's with a USB interface. I and many feel an external high quality USB to S/PDIF or AES/EBU DDC like the Mutec MC-3+ USB or Singxer F-1 or SU-1 offer higher SQ from the same DAC.

I felt the same about AIR 2 (which was beat by USB in my system using different computer and USB enhancement tweaks and components) but I haven't tried AIR3.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands