Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(30-Oct-2016, 19:23)yabaVR Wrote:
(30-Oct-2016, 17:00)pete86 Wrote: Im running AIR 3.0.1 beta on a Windows 10 NUC running Roon and HQPlayer, upsampling to DSD64. Turned on a playlist when I went to sleep. 8 hours later and music was still playing. Been playing all morning at 176.4 PCM and still nothing but music. No drop outs no white noise or any unwanted clicks so far!

Did you compare SQ to your other reference source (USB?)? What do you think about AIR3 SQwise ?

I haven't had a chance to compare with what I used to use (USB through an Uptone Regen), but early impressions are really good. Better than how I remember AIR 2 sounded, which I never thought USB quite matched. I plan to do some direct comparisons soon, but for now I'm still testing for reliability.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
I got fed up with Air changing the default sound device on my PC, so I created a scheduled task to set it back, if anyone else wants to know how just ask.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(31-Oct-2016, 18:31)Soniclife Wrote: I got fed up with Air changing the default sound device on my PC, so I created a scheduled task to set it back, if anyone else wants to know how just ask.

I'm totally fed up with that as well! Please let me know how you did that.
And please make it idiot proof... Big Grin
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(31-Oct-2016, 19:34)Cylob Wrote:
(31-Oct-2016, 18:31)Soniclife Wrote: I got fed up with Air changing the default sound device on my PC, so I created a scheduled task to set it back, if anyone else wants to know how just ask.

I'm totally fed up with that as well! Please let me know how you did that.
And please make it idiot proof... Big Grin

I'm not great at documentation so I'm not promising idiot proof!

1) Download nircmd.exe from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html, and put it somewhere of your chosing.

2) Create scheduled task to call it every x mins.  Use the following as a guide.

Launch Task Scheduler and create a new task, (not a basic task).

The arguments are ...
setdefaultsounddevice "PC Speakers"   <-- Put the name of the audio device you want active here.
Set the start in folder to where you saved nircmd.exe

Good luck.
Excellent stuff.  Although I have to ask, is the text in the description box mandatory for this to work?  Either way, hilarious! Smile
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(31-Oct-2016, 21:35)Confused Wrote: Excellent stuff.  Although I have to ask, is the text in the description box mandatory for this to work?  Either way, hilarious! Smile
Mandatory, Windows loves a joke, as should be obvious by now.
Hi Soniclife!

Thanks for the tutorial that seemed idiotproof. Except for me ofc. Haha!
Below are screenshots (sorry for the 4K screen resize blurryness) I've made from every step like you did.
The setting for changing the sounddevice I've used is this one: setdefaultsounddevice "PC Speakers"
Any clue on what's wrong here, because it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance, Cylob

Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Try putting the path in the start in box, and the name of the exe in the program box, I think there is a reason I did it this way. Don't use "" in these boxes either.
Thanks for your time!

It's working now. Placed the nircm folder straight on the c-drive so the path didn't contain any spaces or "-signs.
The other problem was that AIR was automatically starting itself (and therefor grabbing the Default setting again) after a reboot.
So I added a 30 second delay on the task. That did the trick for my setup!

Thanks again. Don't have to fix the default audio device anymore every time I reboot. Big Grin

Here are the shots of my current settings:::

Glad you got it sorted.