Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
Since I've ran the Win10 Anniversary update, whenever I enter the Action Center
(notification box in the right corner on the taskbar) AIR gives a few short glitches.
If I open the settings window from within the Action Center, a few more glitches appear.
The glitches also occur a few times a day just out of the blue. Even when not doing anything on the computer.
I did a fresh Win10 install, but the problem returned right away with only AIR/foobar installed.
Sad
Tried older AIR versions (2.1.3 / 3.0.0) with the same results.
Also changed the channel of my router.
Changing the AIR buffer to 3000ms helps, but the glitches still occur (just one or two short ones though).
3000ms is kind of annoying though when swapping tracks or skipping through tracks.
Especially when 500ms was more then enough on previous setups.

Anyone else have this problem as well?
Or you might some tips on how to fix this?

Cheers!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(07-Nov-2016, 11:34)Cylob Wrote: Since I've ran the Win10 Anniversary update, whenever I enter the Action Center
(notification box in the right corner on the taskbar) AIR gives a few short glitches.
If I open the settings window from within the Action Center, a few more glitches appear.
The glitches also occur a few times a day just out of the blue. Even when not doing anything on the computer.
I did a fresh Win10 install, but the problem returned right away with only AIR/foobar installed.
Sad
Tried older AIR versions (2.1.3 / 3.0.0) with the same results.
Also changed the channel of my router.
Changing the AIR buffer to 3000ms helps, but the glitches still occur (just one or two short ones though).
3000ms is kind of annoying though when swapping tracks or skipping through tracks.
Especially when 500ms was more then enough on previous setups.

Anyone else have this problem as well?
Or you might some tips on how to fix this?

Cheers!
Don't worry. It's just the in house backdoor for NSA checking your files(music) are genuine Dodgy  Big Grin

Best way to get rid of those is to dedicate a PC to audio only and use AO and others to strip down all the windows tasks audio does not need.  If Microsoft want's to check something on your PC this comes first. They don't care you want to listen gapless.
gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Has anyone else still been hearing vinyl-like clicks and pops with AIR 3.0.1 beta? I started noticing it yesterday and it continued today. Perhaps a restart or some playing with the buffer settings will help. It tends to happen about 10-20 seconds in after I start a new track from stop, or a new track that is a different sample rate than the one before it, and is usually just one "pop".

In good news, I have been using AIR for over a week now and have not had any white noise issues or drop outs. I've also compared with the USB input several times and am amazed at how much better AIR is. It's honestly the first time I've noticed such a drastic difference between digital sources before. Bill Evans' piano on "My Foolish Heart" sounds so much fuller, with much more discernible dynamics and separation on each note. I use a fanless NUC powered by an HDPlex linear PSU, with Windows 10, AO, Roon and HQPlayer. I am also using an Uptone Regen for the USB input, also powered by the HDPlex LPSU.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(08-Nov-2016, 05:23)pete86 Wrote: Has anyone else still been hearing vinyl-like clicks and pops with AIR 3.0.1 beta? I started noticing it yesterday and it continued today. Perhaps a restart or some playing with the buffer settings will help. It tends to happen about 10-20 seconds in after I start a new track from stop, or a new track that is a different sample rate than the one before it, and is usually just one "pop".

In good news, I have been using AIR for over a week now and have not had any white noise issues or drop outs. I've also compared with the USB input several times and am amazed at how much better AIR is. It's honestly the first time I've noticed such a drastic difference between digital sources before. Bill Evans' piano on "My Foolish Heart" sounds so much fuller, with much more discernible dynamics and separation on each note. I use a fanless NUC powered by an HDPlex linear PSU, with Windows 10, AO, Roon and HQPlayer. I am also using an Uptone Regen for the USB input, also powered by the HDPlex LPSU.

I have not had any anomalies while using AIR 3 or AIR 3.0.1 beta. That being said, my D400 is now on its way to France, so I am unable to do some testing here at the moment. However I am only using Roon, not Roon in conjunction with HQPlayer. What happens if you use Roon only?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Will have to try that. Thanks for the idea.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
I also use Roon but not HQPlayer and have not heard any clicks with AIR 3.0.1 beta.   In fact, I haven't had a single problem with it.   Not quite sure why Devialet has not taken it out of beta yet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(08-Nov-2016, 13:30)mdconnelly Wrote: I also use Roon but not HQPlayer and have not heard any clicks with AIR 3.0.1 beta.   In fact, I haven't had a single problem with it.   Not quite sure why Devialet has not taken it out of beta yet.

There are still some issues, at least for some of us. Check love is in the air3 thread on devialet's support
A cabled connection from my router to my compter seems to have solved my problem.
Even with the buffer at 50ms no dropouts when opening the action center / settings.
So far so good!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Did anybody get information from Devialet on ETA of a final version?

Tried to figure that out from support and response was no ETA as of this point in time but likely to be soon
(whatever that means in concrete terms)... ;-)
I had clicks and issues on 3.0 but with 3.1, perfection.

Note that I picked up a new PC from Costco last week for $449. . .Lenovo Yoga (Touchscreen with keyboard, etc). It has 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. My old PC was a bit loud (fan seemed to be running all the time). The new machine is silent and runs Roon Core and AIR flawlessly. FYI.