Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(03-Jul-2016, 00:21)Antoine Wrote: I don't see what "moaning [about Air] on here incessantly to no effect whatsoever" as you call it, has to do with signing a petition. The sooner Devialet fixes the AIR issues the sooner we're freed of this "moaning", that must appeal to you since you brought it up. Wink

What I meant with being selfish is the arguments you give why you or others would not/do not sign a petition (to at least help others). Thus far they've been about whether you or those persons care about AIR, are happy with their Devialets/the Devialet company or personally affected by the issues surrounding AIR now or in the past. If you had given any other non-self centered reason I would of course n"..............

Antoine,
The most refreshing aspect of this site is the kindness and civility.  You have, twice, made personal comments in response to my posts that were, to me, insulting.  
We have to get a grip on this issue.  Air3 beta is happily, in my case, working flawlessly.  If you read the emerging topics on Computer Audiophile it is generally agreed the state of the art conversations is with, rightfully, ethernet audio delivery to the DAC.  
In this case, with all the attendant faults, Devialet is in the foreground.  I seriously question why anyone is trying wifi to deliver this stuff....I live in the West Coast of Canada....was one of the first to have DSL and then, over the years, started to see the wifi pollution...ever neighbour with hot spot and the wifi providers giving more powerful radios to their client each having no idea why....I cannot expect wifi to deliver 24/96 et.al
if you guys want to burn the church down, go ahead but don't ever chastise someone for not wanting to.
Warren
Quote:Antoine,
The most refreshing aspect of this site is the kindness and civility.  You have, twice, made personal comments in response to my posts that were, to me, insulting.  
We have to get a grip on this issue.  Air3 beta is happily, in my case, working flawlessly.  If you read the emerging topics on Computer Audiophile it is generally agreed the state of the art conversations is with, rightfully, ethernet audio delivery to the DAC.  
In this case, with all the attendant faults, Devialet is in the foreground.  I seriously question why anyone is trying wifi to deliver this stuff....I live in the West Coast of Canada....was one of the first to have DSL and then, over the years, started to see the wifi pollution...ever neighbour with hot spot and the wifi providers giving more powerful radios to their client each having no idea why....I cannot expect wifi to deliver 24/96 et.al
if you guys want to burn the church down, go ahead but don't ever chastise someone for not wanting to.
Warren

If you choose to take any of this personally then that's your choice. I've apologized to you and someone else in one case once, the other person accepted that apology. You apparently did not. Fine, but perhaps it's better if you put me on your ignore list to avoid being insulted. I tend to be direct in some of the more 'passionate' discussions.

AIR is one of the primary reasons I bought my D-Premier in 2012 so I agree about it being a great idea/feature, at least on paper. It's execution is mediocre though. You really can't compare AIR to the AES67, Dante or Ravenna implementations which are being discussed at CA. The latter are much more advanced and initially targetted at a pro crowd so they must be reliable. I really can't imagine the Foo Fighters, or anyone else playing in front of thousands of people, to use AIR. Wink  https://us.focusrite.com/news/focusrite-...-rock-tour Devialet themselves don't even use it anymore in demo's.

People have had issues with AIR since the beginning and little has happened to address these issues. People still have issues with it and the way Devialet has handled and still handles these issues. Devialet has denied the issues for a long time, only just recently things seem to be moving again a bit.

It's been told so many times already: It's -not- just about WiFi, the base issues are the same for ethernet. AIR is the same protocol for WiFi and ethernet. The name is confusing but AIR initially, or better said, the D-Premier was WiFi only.

No one wants to 'burn the church down'. I haven't got a clue who you would think that or why you would think that would happen. I'm sure Devialet is professional enough to acknowledge this needs fixing. This petition (that I did not start but do support) might help them adjusting their priorities, nothing more, nothing less. Just read the text of the petition again (and the many written comments already below it) to see why this petition was created and why it/its cause needs to be taken seriously.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
George, Antoine and passionate others;

I've just signed the petition and I would like to tell you why.
Initially I was of the opinion which I've expressed a number of times on this forum that AIR can't be fixed in its current hardware version otherwise it would have been fixed already. I didn't initially sign the petition because I believe with the current upgrade with new streamer board coming up, Devialet has no commercial reason to fix AIR on the 'old' Expert series and they won't. And if you feel it won't be fixed anyway, why sign a petition?

But reading this thread again and finding out that only 60+ people had signed the petition I was very surprised. AIR has been the ONLY issue that has infiltrated so many threads that were dedicated to other issues that it is hard to understand why there are so few who signed the petition. The only reason I can think of is that most of you believe, like me, that it's too little too late and nothing will be done about it anyway.

So why did I sign? The answer is simple. AIR has been a problem for a LOT of people for a LONG time and to end up with a petition with only 100 or so signatures will send a message to Devialet that AIR wasn't and isn't a big issue at all. But it has been and it still is. And if we all just sit on our hands and do nothing Devialet will feel that they can get away with their next failure too. And that is wrong.

If you don't do it for yourself, then at least do it for George. He has put this thing together because he's passionate about the cause and he doesn't deserve to left alone. He's done this for YOU (Insert American bloke with pointing finger) so don't let him down.

Just ask yourself the question: Have I ever tried AIR and it didn't work? If the answer is yes, then sign the petition. You know it's the right thing to do.

Here is the link again in case you don't have 10 extra second in your life to go to page 1:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet

Thanks,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Excellent post, Pim!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Jul-2016, 19:44)Antoine Wrote:
(02-Jul-2016, 18:30)Dr Tone Wrote: Got this nice reply on twitter today:

Dear friend 
fixing AIR is on going. We are aware of some issues  and won't let you this way. It just takes some time and we need to adjust our priorities. I hope you understand our position. 
Kind regards 
D

Obviously it's never been a priority over the last 2 years.

"Dear friend"? 

WTF?

"Some time"? "Some issues"? Priorities?

Wow, just wow...how about an apology?

"I hope you understand our position"

No we don't, do you understand ours?

Absolutely agree!!
Would be the right answer on twitter to "D"!

Dear friend
fixing AIR is on going. We are aware of some issues  and won't let you this way. It just takes some time and we need to adjust our priorities. I hope you understand our position.
Kind regards
D

How can we understand their position if they never explain it? This is at the crux of the problem: Devialet's inability (or lack of desire) to communicate effectively with its customer base. How can we empathise with them if they never tell us anything?

Communication isn't just about glitzy product announcements. It's about addressing customer issues and concerns too. Actually its bigger than that; it's about having a conversation with your customers. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Jul-2016, 12:57)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Dear friend
Kind regards
D

How can we understand their position if they never explain it? This is at the crux of the problem: Devialet's inability (or lack of desire) to communicate effectively with its customer base. How can we empathise with them if they never tell us anything?

Communication isn't just about glitzy product announcements. It's about addressing customer issues and concerns too. Actually its bigger than that; it's about having a conversation with your customers. 

Guillaume

I absolutely agree, and we need to keep on telling Devialet this. Someone somewhere in the organization must have responsibility for making sure customer support does its job. I'd suggest that in every communication we have with Devialet customer support we make this point about poor communication, with boring repetitiveness. You never know, one day the penny might drop. The petition is another good way to make the point.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(03-Jul-2016, 13:11)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(03-Jul-2016, 12:57)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Dear friend
Kind regards
D

Guillaume

I absolutely agree, and we need to keep on telling Devialet this. Someone somewhere in the organization must have responsibility for making sure customer support does its job. I'd suggest that in every communication we have with Devialet customer support we make this point about poor communication, with boring repetitiveness. You never know, one day the penny might drop. The petition is another good way to make the point.
Matt

+1
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

As much as I like the idea of this petition, and signed it with detailed comments - I fear it will have zero effect.

Thats because if Devialet really cared, they would address all these concerns properly. Since they don't seem to care as much as many wished they would, they need some serious encouragement, and so far from what I've seen things just fall on deaf ears.

The petition would have to have a direct impact on the brand in my opinion for it to make any difference. It would have to affect sales. It would have to embarrass investors or their tech 'billionaire' poster boys (or girls). It would have to hit the press. It would have to swamp their Facebook page.
Or all of the above.

Otherwise they'll simply ignore it, and who's going to care - only the people that signed it I imagine.

It seems obvious their planned Devialet OS and new hardware will attemp to circumvent the problems and brush it under the carpet like it never existed - that is assuming it ever materialises and actually works.

Meanwhile I see AIR still features as a USP in the Expert 1000 Pro Plus Advanced marketing blurb.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Jul-2016, 03:20)Wdw Wrote: I seriously question why anyone is trying wifi to deliver this stuff

I have a pair of D-Premiers therefore don't have Ethernet input option.

Devialet sell a product that has a function that doesn't work as advertised for many of it's Customers. Devialet's answer - we're working on it, after 2 years of issues.

Your correct, why would anyone have a problem with such petty issues of the product they bought not performing as advertised and paid for. Yes, terrible of a Customer to want what he has paid for - shocking  Rolleyes
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)