Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Posted here too. http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showt...p?t=190200

For any Facebook users out there, re-posting the main petition and other links to it on the Devialet Facebook page would probably be the most helpful thing in terms of Devialet visibility.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I am not signing since I don't have a problem with AIR, although I bought my first before AIR was available so had no expectations.
I think if the problem was as bad and un-fixable oneself as some think the petition would have had plenty of signatures by now.
The biggest limitation as I saw it was always going to be the antenna location in the amp. This is a major inflexibility. I had to move my wireless access point in my listening room to get a good signal, which was a pain but no problems since. Anybody not prepared to do this would never get a working system.

Anyway, with all due respect, anybody thinking Devialet are doing nothing about it and that this petition will help is a poor judge of human nature IME.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Jul-2016, 13:31)f1eng Wrote: I am not signing since I don't have a problem with AIR, although I bought my first before AIR was available so had no expectations.
I think if the problem was as bad and un-fixable oneself as some think the petition would have had plenty of signatures by now.
The biggest limitation as I saw it was always going to be the antenna location in the amp. This is a major inflexibility. I had to move my wireless access point in my listening room to get a good signal, which was a pain but no problems since. Anybody not prepared to do this would never get a working system.

Anyway, with all due respect, anybody thinking Devialet are doing nothing about it and that this petition will help is a poor judge of human nature IME.

Air white noise issues on windows has absolutely nothing to do with wifi.  So telling people to fix their wifi is nonsense.

Devialet have indicated in no certain words that fixing it hasn't been a priority for them and that is what we have an issue with.  I doubt it's a priority still.

If you don't care that your expensive amp doesn't function properly in certain situation and you don't care that other owners have issues using their amp as it's advertised, I guess that's your prerogative.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Jul-2016, 13:31)f1eng Wrote: I am not signing since I don't have a problem with AIR, although I bought my first before AIR was available so had no expectations.

You should read the petition again Frank!  It not about anyone thinking Devialet are doing nothing about AIR, it is about Devialet's lack of communication on the subject.  Angry (grumpy face is aimed at Devialet, by the way)  Plus, you are making the mistake that many do when referring to AIR issues and thinking it is all down to wifi signal strength, I have many issues over the years  with AIR, all with hard wired Ethernet, wifi disconnected.  To be fair, you are a Mac user, and I think historically the AIR issues have largely been Windows related.  As an example, some current Windows AIR users who have recently reported issues to Devialet have been told simply that AIR 2.1.4 is not compatible with Windows 10.  OK, fair enough, but Windows 10 has been out a year now, so when will a Windows 10 version of AIR be available?  No answer from Devialet.....   This is unacceptable!!!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I think if the problem was as bad and un-fixable oneself as some think the petition would have had plenty of

Nice to see the 'I'm alright Jack', 'the petition's a waste of time' and 'the problem isn't as big as these few moaners think it is' sentiments aired on the pinkish thread too.

With all due respect, a very selfish angle.

I've seen huge horrible and powerful corporations change tact completely and drop harmful plans purely based on their Facebook pages swamped in bad PR. Ok Devialet aren't one if those but I'm glad enough people see the big community picture.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Jul-2016, 13:57)Dr Tone Wrote:

Air white noise issues on windows has absolutely nothing to do with wifi.  So telling people to fix their wifi is nonsense.

Devialet have indicated in no certain words that fixing it hasn't been a priority for them and that is what we have an issue with.  I doubt it's a priority still.

If you don't care that your expensive amp doesn't function properly in certain situation and you don't care that other owners have issues using their amp as it's advertised, I guess that's your prerogative.

I have been a Devialet owner since before AIR existed, so was not aware that it is a particularly important part of their advertising. I gave away my Windows computer when I retired, having only used it for work.
I have used AIR since I fitted the original plug in boards to my two D-Premiers.
There were bugs in V1 and more in V2 but both work fine here, whether it is network or anything else.

My expensive amplifier works very well for everything, thank you. I play CDs, LPs, stream a bit and FM radio, just like my previous amp, which was bigger, heavier and much more expensive. There had been no updates on it during the 20 years or so I used it whereas Devialet have provided several.

I don't think every Devialet customer is dissatisfied. At least this one is not.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Jul-2016, 14:57)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
I think if the problem was as bad and un-fixable oneself as some think the petition would have had plenty of

Nice to see the 'I'm alright Jack', 'the petition's a waste of time' and 'the problem isn't as big as these few moaners think it is' sentiments aired on the pinkish thread too.

I've seen huge horrible and powerful corporations change tact completely and drop harmful plans purely based on their Facebook pages swamped in bad PR. Ok Devialet aren't one if those but I'm glad enough people see the big community picture.

You may see it as an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.

I see it as massive irritation and exasperation at continuous wingeing.
Oxfordshire

(08-Jul-2016, 15:05)f1eng Wrote:

I think both voices (people who have no problems with air and people who do) are important. Disqualifying owners who express their frustration of having their 5k plus amp not working as advertised by Devialet and wanting better communication about these problems is not fair imo.
(08-Jul-2016, 15:05)f1eng Wrote:

You should try a massive blast of white noise, preferably whilst playing music to your friends (who think you are crazy buying hifi costing £1000's) to show them why your very expensive system is so good, to be properly irritated and exasperated! Smile 

Joking aside, 'white noise' events can be truly alarming and shocking.

I am also irritated by all the winging, in fact I am completely sick of it, but I still end up doing it myself, and I will carry on doing it until Devialet sensibly communicate on the issue.  This is the key point, Devialet's complete silence on the issue, other than the odd 'rest assured our engineers are working very hard to address the problem' comment, is actually causing all the winging!   If Devialet started communicating properly, it would stop.  I believe this to be true with respect to many other Devialet related problems.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
88 signatures and this post has been up for 10 days. I'm starting to feel there are only a hand full who have AIR problems. If not, where are the signatures? When you think about it, if you have an issue, you're more likely to look for a solution and find this forum. So it's possible that there are thousands out there who don't have problems with AIR (or don't use it)

I'm afraid 88 signatures isn't going to cut it. Especially if you think that some (me included) don't have AIR issues and only signed in support of others.

If this petition doesn't pick up at least a few hundred signatures soon, it's going to be just as much a joke as AIR. And I'm not kidding.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.