Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
I notice that this thread has now had over three thousand views, which is a lot.  Unfortunately, the petition is currently running at 75 signatures, which is not a lot. Sad

Next week we see the start of a number of dealer launches for the new 1000 Pro, in many cases this will involve Devialet customers visiting dealers shops, with Devialet representation in attendance.  Now, would it not be nice that if the subject of AIR came up, the odd customer here and there could mention this petition?  It would mean something if Devialet personnel return back to Paris with tails of 'yes, I had a good trip, blah blah blah, but this petition thing was a bit embarrassing......'.  The point is that it is very easy to sit in a bubble in the Paris HQ or whatever and feel remote from all this, but personal involvement, feeling a little uncomfortable face to face is a different matter.  I know this thread has it's distractors, 'Devialet won't listen' etc, but they are human, if we can get just one or two individuals within Devialet thinking about this differently I genuinely think this might help, and it can't do any harm, can it?

Is 75 signatures enough?  I don't think so.  But 100 is not so far away.  To be honest, I don't think 100 is quite enough, but if it comes up in casual conversation next week, 'over 100 signatures', sounds a hell of a lot better than 75. 

So if anyone view this thread over the next few days, why not sign up?  You just never know, it might be enough to start to get the message back to Paris.  Shy

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet

Link repeated above for easy reference. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Might be worth trying to drum up some Phantom user support. It's not branded as AIR as such on Phantom, but from everything I've read it suffers a similar crackling sound, and it makes logical sense that there's shared code between the two - it's most likely one or two underlying bits of faulty or weak code in both systems causing all the grief. And even Though the petition's AIR specific, it would help those users who are suffering to get the message across. Even Amazon has reviews about Phantom crackling, and there's plenty here.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my first Roon crackle. Hasn't happened ever in over six months heavy use, even streaming to multiple points in sync, including a Raspberry Pi. So much for my dodgy gigabit network....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just signed up.
MacMini -> Audirvana +AudioUnits -> Devialet "The 120" (USB) -> BW 802 Di -> My room -> My ears 
And other stuff for Home Cinema...
FR
Guys and gals, thanks to all those who supported so far. If you can drum up additional support, that would be great.

I have (of course) not received any communication from Devialet so I will move to phase II Smile I'm going French. I asked an official translator to make a version in French and I would like to post the invite on French speaking sites. Now I need help :

1. Any links to French forums would be a great help.
2. If there is a native speaker who would like to review the text, or write a nice intro ...

Thanks,

George
It's time to act! Urgently need to fix this finally.signed too
I posted a comment linking to it after Darko's latest Devialet article. Most likely it will get moderated (deleted) but it's these kind of places that will have more impact I think. Anyone got any contacts at hifi press/websites?  

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...ialets-sam

(Edit - it appears Darko didn't have the balls for it, perhaps he doesn't want his products taken back...)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Retweeting and liking this tweet may get their attention as they replied to my last tweet.

https://twitter.com/originaldrtone/statu...0670370816

When retweeting if you include Darko's, stereophile and other audio magazine twitter handles it will start having a bigger impact on Devialet and they might have to publically address the issue.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

In fact I forwarded it to a few myself.

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...0405411840
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(07-Jul-2016, 15:23)Georgethesixth Wrote: Guys and gals, thanks to all those who supported so far. If you can drum up additional support, that would be great.

1. Any links to French forums would be a great help.

Thanks,

George

Links to French forums is a good idea.  However, why stop there?  German forums, Chinese forums, Italian forums, Spanish forums, Portuguese forums......   I'll stop now, this could be a very long list.  One thing is for certain, not every Devialet owner will be English speaking and visiting Devialet Chat from time to time, I am sure there are Devialet threads on forums all over the world, in many languages.  Of course, non-English speakers may struggle to actually read the words in the petition, but with the help of google translate, I'm sure this can be mitigated.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Just had a thought. Because not everyone visits this site all the time, is it possible for Guillaume to send a PM to everyone on this forum? if that doesn't break the rules that is...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.