Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(08-Jul-2016, 16:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: 88 signatures and this post has been up for 10 days. I'm starting to feel there are only a hand full who have AIR problems. If not, where are the signatures? When you think about it, if you have an issue, you're more likely to look for a solution and find this forum. So it's possible that there are thousands out there who don't have problems with AIR (or don't use it)

I'm afraid 88 signatures isn't going to cut it. Especially if you think that some (me included) don't have AIR issues and only signed in support of others.

If this petition doesn't pick up at least a few hundred signatures soon, it's going to be just as much a joke as AIR. And I'm not kidding.

Thank you for your detailed information, which is very valuable for our engineering team.
I will transfer these information to our R&D team.
Be sure that as soon that the issue is solved, a communication will be made on the matter.
This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Jul-2016, 16:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: 88 signatures and this post has been up for 10 days. I'm starting to feel there are only a hand full who have AIR problems. If not, where are the signatures? When you think about it, if you have an issue, you're more likely to look for a solution and find this forum. So it's possible that there are thousands out there who don't have problems with AIR (or don't use it)

It's been over 2 years since the white noise was brought up to Devialet.

Allot of owners don't spend far too much of their life on the internet like the rest of us.
Owners with issues have found other solutions by now and don't spend time following Devialet news.
Owners with issues have switched brands.
Some owners never used AIR.
Mac owners are happy with AIR 3 beta.
Some owners don't want to raise a stink as bad press lowers the resale value on the used market.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Jul-2016, 16:16)Dr Tone Wrote:

It's been over 2 years since the white noise was brought up to Devialet.

Allot of owners don't spend far too much of their life on the internet like the rest of us.
Owners with issues have found other solutions by now and don't spend time following Devialet news.
Owners with issues have switched brands.
Some owners never used AIR.
Mac owners are happy with AIR 3 beta.
Some owners don't want to raise a stink as bad press lowers the resale value on the used market.

I feel what you're saying. I'm just disappointed with the outcome so far.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Can I suggest a bit of calm here! After all, this is typically a friendly and cooperative forum, not like very many others.

I recall IanG's white noise poll, as follows:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=939

This only got 219 votes, and you could vote for more than one item! More recently, the average poll on here has received maybe 100 responses or so, sometimes less. So this does provide some evidence to back up Dr Tone's point about most owners not spending their life on the internet. Based on this, the number of responses to the petition is in fact more or less what I was expecting. Back to IanG's poll, it is clear that of those that responded, well over half were reporting issues. OK, you could argue that those who didn't have the issue would not bother to respond, we could go on endlessly debating this, to be honest nobody knows for sure the true extent of this. However, if you look at the numbers as presented, you must surely conclude that the percentage of people who have, or have had, issues with AIR is very high. Have a look at the numbers, am I wrong?

One thing is clear to me, fellow forum members beating each other up over this is not going to help!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Jul-2016, 16:43)Confused Wrote: Can I suggest a bit of calm here!  After all, this is typically a friendly and cooperative forum, not like very many others.

This only got 219 votes, and you could vote for more than one item!  More recently, the average poll on here has received maybe 100 responses or so, sometimes less.  So this does provide some evidence to back up Dr Tone's point about most owners not spending their life on the internet.  Based on this, the number of responses to the petition is in fact more or less what I was expecting.  Back to IanG's poll, it is clear that of those that responded, well over half were reporting issues.  OK, you could argue that those who didn't have the issue would not bother to respond, we could go on endlessly debating this, to be honest nobody knows for sure the true extent of this.  However, if you look at the numbers as presented, you must surely conclude that the percentage of people who have, or have had, issues with AIR is very high.  Have a look at the numbers, am I wrong?

One thing is clear to me, fellow forum members beating each other up over this is not going to help!

You're right Confused. The big question remains. How are we going to get more people to sign this petition?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Jul-2016, 16:51)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Jul-2016, 16:43)Confused Wrote: Can I suggest a bit of calm here!  After all, this is typically a friendly and cooperative forum, not like very many others.

This only got 219 votes, and you could vote for more than one item!  More recently, the average poll on here has received maybe 100 responses or so, sometimes less.  So this does provide some evidence to back up Dr Tone's point about most owners not spending their life on the internet.  Based on this, the number of responses to the petition is in fact more or less what I was expecting.  Back to IanG's poll, it is clear that of those that responded, well over half were reporting issues.  OK, you could argue that those who didn't have the issue would not bother to respond, we could go on endlessly debating this, to be honest nobody knows for sure the true extent of this.  However, if you look at the numbers as presented, you must surely conclude that the percentage of people who have, or have had, issues with AIR is very high.  Have a look at the numbers, am I wrong?

You're right Confused. The big question remains. How are we going to get more people to sign this petition?

I think the many forums have been exhausted.  Social media is all that can be done now.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Jul-2016, 16:51)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

BTW. I'm calm  Smile
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I'm calm too! Shy   To be honest, my last post was as much a post to myself as anyone else!

Plus, what's the average spend of a Devialet customer?  Guessing say 8000 euros, even the slightly disappointing 88 signatures so far represents over 700,000 euros of business.
(08-Jul-2016, 17:16)Confused Wrote: I'm calm too! Shy   To be honest, my last post was as much a post to myself as anyone else!

Plus, what's the average spend of a Devialet customer?  Guessing say 8000 euros, even the slightly disappointing 88 signatures so far represents over 700,000 euros of business.

That's a great way to put it. So, to put it in a context so the French get it, that's 25,000 bottles of wine costing 20 Euros and 40,000 baguettes of 5 Euros. Surely when they look at it that way, we'll get a response.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Jul-2016, 17:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Jul-2016, 17:16)Confused Wrote: I'm calm too! Shy   To be honest, my last post was as much a post to myself as anyone else!

That's a great way to put it. So, to put it in a context so the French get it, that's 25,000 bottles of wine costing 20 Euros and 40,000 baguettes of 5 Euros. Surely when they look at it that way, we'll get a response.

Don't forget the Foie Gras.