Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR software
HI Jukemark,

Welcome to the Forum! There is a great deal of good information here, and some curious characters as well; just as you will find with any sport.... It is a very good community.

I think that AIR is installed on the Dev. at the factory, but there may be updates, depending on the date of manufacture, on Devialet's website. I haven't been there recently, but it should be found if you follow a link for 'Expert' and possibly go to the bottom of the page. I thought I saw AIR updates under 'Firmware' but again, I haven't done any downloads from there in months and they do change their website from time to time. You may need to go to the 'log in' page and try again. Perhaps you have already done that, but it is different than logging in on their main page.

I would confirm again with your dealer about the Dialogue and the Expert line. Everything I have read and been told by my dealer is that Dialogue is not compatible with the Expert products, and though it may be eventually, there is no estimated date for that development.

We don't get Qobuz in Canada, so I can't offer anything specific, but you may need either an external streamer that gets various streaming services. That could be as simple as using an Apple Airport Express, and one of the optical inputs, or a Sonos Connect, or something more exotic and expensive (chat with the other characters here who have tried all sorts of streaming options).

But I'm skeptical about the Dialogue working with the D400. However, I know that quite a few members here have both Phantoms and Expert line products and a Dialogue and they will be able to give more reliable advice than I can.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
AIR works as a virtual sound card. So in short, if you can run it on your laptop, it will work with AIR.
(03-Nov-2015, 21:53)Damon Wrote: HI Jukemark,

Welcome to the Forum! There is a great deal of good information here, and some curious characters as well; just as you will find with any sport.... It is a very good community.

I think that AIR is installed on the Dev. at the factory, but there may be updates, depending on the date of manufacture, on Devialet's website. I haven't been there recently, but it should be found if you follow a link for 'Expert' and possibly go to the bottom of the page. I thought I saw AIR updates under 'Firmware' but again, I haven't done any downloads from there in months and they do change their website from time to time. You may need to go to the 'log in' page and try again. Perhaps you have already done that, but it is different than logging in on their main page.

I would confirm again with your dealer about the Dialogue and the Expert line. Everything I have read and been told by my dealer is that Dialogue is not compatible with the Expert products, and though it may be eventually, there is no estimated date for that development.

We don't get Qobuz in Canada, so I can't offer anything specific, but you may need either an external streamer that gets various streaming services. That could be as simple as using an Apple Airport Express, and one of the optical inputs, or a Sonos Connect, or something more exotic and expensive (chat with the other characters here who have tried all sorts of streaming options).

But I'm skeptical about the Dialogue working with the D400. However, I know that quite a few members here have both Phantoms and Expert line products and a Dialogue and they will be able to give more reliable advice than I can.

Thank you for your welcome. I really dont want to go back to an Airport express. I already have the Linn thats in a different league to the AE or Sonos.
I am really unsure about buying into Devialet now Sad
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
(03-Nov-2015, 21:56)Confused Wrote: AIR works as a virtual sound card. So in short, if you can run it on your laptop, it will work with AIR.

Yes im sure it will work on my MBP, I just cant find where to download it yet. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow and speak to Dev.
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
Brit, do you love your 400?
(03-Nov-2015, 22:13)jukemark Wrote:
(03-Nov-2015, 21:56)Confused Wrote: AIR works as a virtual sound card.  So in short, if you can run it on your laptop, it will work with AIR.

Yes im sure it will work on my MBP, I just cant find where to download it yet. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow and speak to Dev.

To download AIR go to the Devialet web-site. Select the 'Expert' link at the top of the pAge and then log in to your account. You should then see a list of available software downloads.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(03-Nov-2015, 22:11)jukemark Wrote: I really dont want to go back to an Airport express. I already have the Linn thats in a different league to the AE or Sonos.
I am really unsure about buying into Devialet now Sad

Absolutely, no question the Sonos and AE are 'ordinary' products; I was simply thinking that they offer an easy way to access many streaming sources. I realize also that I missed the first page of posts somehow, so I was not telling you anything that others had not already mentioned.As to your doubts, I believe that Guillaume had Linn previously (perhaps he still has some pieces) so he may have some opinions that are directly relevant to your situation.

I hope the system works out for you.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
To download AIR go to the Devialet web-site. Select the 'Expert' link at the top of the pAge and then log in to your account. You should then see a list of available software downloads.
[/quote]

Yes I have done that, but it says my password is incorrect. Its not! So I need to speak to them tomorrow.
Cheers.
Thanks Damon. I could just buy a 200 and keep my Akurate DSM. I was buying the 400 and sell the Linn and Naim 250.2 Amp. Perhaps I should just buy a good power amp for the Linn!
Anyway, make sure you update us on what your dealer has to say when you quiz him about Dialog compatibility with the D400. I can't wait to hear this one .....

Also, if you search through this forum, you should find a few posts about using Linn servers with a Devialet, happy hunting!

Good luck with your password.