Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you guys ready for 10.10 date? ;-)
    I will take the “not just yet” response on fb to mean that eventually the larger phantom will connect to the new app. #optimist
(10-Oct-2018, 01:43)vaguedetails Wrote: I will take the “not just yet” response on fb to mean that eventually the larger phantom will connect to the new app. #optimist

They're outright stating convergence on the new app, AV sync, and multi-channel will be coming next year. Colour me impressed.

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Devialet released the Reactor well before all the software and infrastructure necessary to make it truly appealing? While the 2019 plans certainly sound pretty amazing, it would seem that until then, the Reactor is just an expensive BT speaker. Personally, I would not want to be a Reactor customer waiting for Devialet software to be released. Been there, done that. (wait... still doing it - where's RAAT? ;-)

But still, sounds like a pretty amazing piece of tech once they get it all done.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I guess Phantom Premier and Phantom Reactor could sync and play together using iTunes installed on a PC of Mac with AirPlay 1. As iTunes supported that with AirPlay 1 by having itself do all then processing and time syncing. Rather than all the AirPlay 2 devices talking and syncing on their own terms.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(10-Oct-2018, 04:01)mdconnelly Wrote: While the 2019 plans certainly sound pretty amazing, it would seem that until then,  the Reactor is just an expensive BT speaker.

If the software isn’t ready yet and isn’t going to be, then they had a choice between a Christmas’ worth of the just an expensive Bluetooth speaker market and... nothing. Maybe more importantly this sends a message that Phantom (and Devialet) is still alive and kicking. Imagine the mood here if there had been another 4 months of radio silence.
The is disapointing, an other unfinished devialet product. Will the promised features ever come... probably not as soon as they say. Well my wife likes it because it is smaller.
I think it is great for the Phantom owners as the ecosystem is still alive and will get a mid life injection of energy. It is very much in devialets interest to make them work together because the ‘premium’ owners will buy the small ones and the small owners will graduate to the premiums
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.