Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries and Devialet 200
I'm sort of copy/pasting this question from another thread, just in case is off topic in the other thread...

Is getting nn Auralic Aries to add into a Devialet's Phantoms pair + Dialog a good idea?

Aries>optical out>Dialog>Phantom pair?

Using Aries' app for playback, instead of Spark? << Is this possible? Because Spark is needed to make the Phantoms a stereo pair...

If yes...this is gold, because Aries has more playback capabilities. Plus you can just hook up an external drive to the Aries.

p.s - Auralic Aries Mini is coming out for $400, although it could sound harsh...compared to the expensiver Aries.

Thanks.
I have a similar idea, but I want to use the Aries Mini for the Expert Line by USB and perhaps a second one for one Phantom. Auralic is working on a multiroom solution, so you wouldn´t need the Dialog (the Phantom has it´s on toskink input). The Auralic mini is expected for the end of July. The announced it in Munich on may. The reactions are very positive.
(12-Jul-2015, 08:56)midi Wrote: I have a similar idea, but I want to use the Aries Mini for the Expert Line by USB and perhaps a second one for one Phantom. Auralic is working on a multiroom solution, so you wouldn´t need the Dialog (the Phantom has it´s on toskink input). The Auralic mini is expected for the end of July. The announced it in Munich on may. The reactions are very positive.

IIRC, isn't the Dialog and Spark needed to setup a pair of Phantoms in stereo mode?

I assume it should work directly to one Phantom, but to a pair.....

Unless you are saying that I can actually use the Auralic to pair up the Phantoms in stereo?!  :-O

Dialog also works as a dedicated router for the Phantoms....is Aries/Aries Mini a router, too?

p.s - when you say "Auralic is working on a multiroom solution", do you mean Auralic is working on get this working, or that people are already using it as a multiroom solution?

Thanks.
(12-Jul-2015, 09:06)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(12-Jul-2015, 08:56)midi Wrote: I have a similar idea, but I want to use the Aries Mini for the Expert Line by USB and perhaps a second one for one Phantom. Auralic is working on a multiroom solution, so you wouldn´t need the Dialog (the Phantom has it´s on toskink input). The Auralic mini is expected for the end of July. The announced it in Munich on may. The reactions are very positive.

IIRC, isn't the Dialog and Spark needed to setup a pair of Phantoms in stereo mode?

I assume it should work directly to one Phantom, but to a pair.....

Unless you are saying that I can actually use the Auralic to pair up the Phantoms in stereo?!  :-O

Yes, this could be, but I wrote for one Phantom. Look at Auralic there is a description for using more than one Aries. I am not sure if it is possible for the moment to create a stereo mode with two Phantoms using two Aries. It is possible to control different Aries with the lightning app, but not in time control, so multiroom isn´t possible for the moment.

Ask Auralic (by Twitter or mail), you will get a quick answer.
Addition:

I would see no problems with your idea Aries-Dialog-Phantom.
(12-Jul-2015, 09:20)midi Wrote: Addition:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I mean, connecting everything first; using the Dialog and Spark for the setup, and then using Aries for the playback? But the thing is that the setup is being done through the Devialet app, and I want to do the streaming with the Aries app, so it seems strange to have the Dialog between the Phantoms and Aries, when the streaming is going to be done with the Aries...

Do you think Auralic could answer that?

p.s - I found a thread from the user who ignited my interest in this, so I'll continue there! Thanks!
(12-Jul-2015, 09:31)Dvlt PhD Wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I mean, connecting everything first; using the Dialog and Spark for the setup, and then using Aries for the playback? But the thing is that the setup is being done through the Devialet app, and I want to do the streaming with the Aries app, so it seems strange to have the Dialog between the Phantoms and Aries, when the streaming is going to be done with the Aries...

p.s - I found a thread from the user who ignited my interest in this, so I'll continue there! Thanks!

If the Dialog allows you to connect a device by toslink why not ? I think the Dialog is passing the signal only through. But this isn´t an Auralic question...
(12-Jul-2015, 20:38)midi Wrote:
(12-Jul-2015, 09:31)Dvlt PhD Wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

If the Dialog allows you to connect a device by toslink why not ? I think the Dialog is passing the signal only through. But this isn´t an Auralic question...

Well, it is both an Auralic and a Dialog question...

How can the Dialog pass the signal to the Phantoms pair, if someone is using the Auralic app for playback? aka...isn't the Dialog just a router? So, connecting Aurelic streamer via optical to the Dialog would be meaningless?....Since, I need to use Spark to control the Phantoms?

I'm a newbie, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
I asked Devialert support, and got a reply.

They say that I can indeed use Auralic optical into Dialog for stereo Phantoms, even using the Auralic app for playback control. Only have to use Spark to "put the optical input in the play queue"

I'll contact them again, if I decide to get either the Aries or the Aries Mini.

There's gotta be a big disadvantage of SQ in the Aries Mini, compared to the Aries, for the price to drop so much...
I still have preordered the Aries Mini at a couple of weeks, but they probably have a delay in delivery. I think it will be August. I think the other Auralics aren´t worth the extra charge /for the femto clocks). I have tested the Aries LE - nice, but try to get it cheaper. I´m not sure if there is further a place for it in the Auralic product program...