Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries and Devialet 200
(29-Sep-2015, 21:57)Womaz Wrote:
(29-Sep-2015, 21:48)PhilP Wrote: I'm sure that Twonky does work - otherwise QNAP and others wouldn't ship it.  I just haven't tried it myself because I read that many had problems with indexing etc.

I don't know how you have configured your system but JRMC includes a UPnP music server that can run on your PC (accessing music stored on your NAS if you wish). The Aries will work with JRMC. Again,  I haven't tried this myself as we've expelled all PCs from our house on the grounds that they're the work of the Devil  Rolleyes

If you want something really simple then an Aurender N100H with internal HDD (so no NAS involved) and a good control app with TIDAL integration and great SQ might be worth investigating but it's twice the price of an Aries.

Jriver access my NAS drive so I would assume it is using the software to access this. Truth is I have no idea. I control it with the jriver I pad app
The au render is one I was also considering, the Melco N1A the other but the Aries is the cheapest and could afford to get that now. The others will have to wait as in the process of buying some new HPs too

The Aries also has tidal and qoubuz but I doubt I will ever subscribe to them.

I had a home demo of the Aurender N100 (the version without an internal HDD) and the SQ was excellent. The N100H was introduced to keep things simple for people who didn't want to mess around with NASs etc. it's a great product but pricey.

If you don't want access to online streaming services or internet radio then the Melco would probably be a better and cheaper solution for you - check Rufus' posts as he has one.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Yes I must admit that getting rid of the NAS might be an option worth thinking about.
Not sure how the music files would be backed up then though. At present I have a NAS with two drives and one backs up the other one. Or so I was told, the dealer set it all up. The problem is the dealers up here don't stock any of the products I am interested in
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(29-Sep-2015, 22:14)Womaz Wrote: Yes I must admit that getting rid of the NAS might be an option worth thinking about.
Not sure how the music files would be backed up then though. At present I have a NAS with two drives and one backs up the other one. Or so I was told, the dealer set it all up. The problem is the dealers up here don't stock any of the products I am interested in

I Backup my NAS and Mac to USB hard drives.  They're cheap so you can buy a few and make multiple copies. I use Samsung M3 1TB which cost £40 each. No failures in 2 years.

It's tough that you don't have a local dealer. I assume Audio Emotion in Fife are the closest Auralic and Aurender dealers to you? Maybe give them a call and see what they suggest? I know it's quite a drive but it's a lovely part of the country Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
That's who I bought the Auralic headphone amp off. I have been in touch with them but they don't stock the Aurender.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(29-Sep-2015, 22:45)Womaz Wrote: That's who I bought the Auralic headphone amp off. I have been in touch with them but they don't stock the Aurender.

Strange - they list Aurender on their website under 'Digital hifi servers'...
Not strange at all as its me and i am an idiot. I was looking under music streamers. They have another section as Hifi media servers !!!!! Jeez :-)
Anyone tried a Uptone Regen with their Devialet and Aries? Was thinking of geting one and a LPSU to power the Regen with one 9V output and one 12V output for my Clearaudio vinylplayer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Would love to hear from any Aties users as to how they find it with the Devialet
(01-Oct-2015, 08:46)Womaz Wrote: Would love to hear from any Aties users as to how they find it with the Devialet

I have an Aries connected with usb to my D400. I have not compared it to another streamer but in this price range I think it is good. Maybe it is a little bright in the top and with my Focals it can be a little to much but not that it bugs me so much. The main thing that bugs me right now is the Android app, if you use iOS this is not a problem but Auralic is not going to develop a full functional Android app so this might be the thing that got me looking at other brands the app works but there is many things wrong in it mostly when you play Tidal and it chrashes quit often when your tablet went down in sleep mode and you restarts the app.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(01-Oct-2015, 11:18)octaviars Wrote:
(01-Oct-2015, 08:46)Womaz Wrote: Would love to hear from any Aties users as to how they find it with the Devialet

I have an Aries connected with usb to my D400. I have not compared it to another streamer but in this price range I think it is good. Maybe it is a little bright in the top and with my Focals it can be a little to much but not that it bugs me so much. The main thing that bugs me right now is the Android app, if you use iOS this is not a problem but Auralic is not going to develop a full functional Android app so this might be the thing that got me looking at other brands the app works but there is many things wrong in it mostly when you play Tidal and it chrashes quit often when your tablet went down in sleep mode and you restarts the app.

How do you think it sounds compared to AIR?
Yes I have seen a few comments on the lack of development on the android app. Not good when a company does this after taking your cash