- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Tried upgrading to the new firmware. Got following error message:

SW. FF. FF
H.W 5.0.0
SD card error B 351
DSPD 0210.HEX

Does anyone got a clue what went wrong? Acc. to instruction from dev help site the sd card must be empty before copying the 17 files. Initially i left the configuration on the disk because a friend did so without problems. 
Deleted the conf. file but problem still unchanged.

If I delete the 17 files will my dev automatically go back to the previous FW?

This is what I do every time I make any change (firmware or configuration)
I delete the files from my SD card. Then take my SD card out and re-insert it. I then check whether it is empty or not. Only once I've confirmed it's empty I copy the new files over.

It might just take a minute longer and it shouldn't need to be done but in the end I know it always works so it saves time re-doing things.

Good luck!

Pim
Ditto-ish. I have 2 sets of cards and always use a clean pair for any change whilst retaining the previous pair in case or problems. As a further precaution, I keep a back up of every config I've used and every firmware update on my PC in case Paris decides to delete any archives or reduce config options.
Anyone here who would upload a version 7 or 8, please?!
One of those who are told to have a good SQ (7.1.1./7.1.3. or 8.1.3.).

Or is there a link somewhere here already?!
(10-Aug-2016, 14:33)Nightmare Wrote: Anyone here who would upload a version 7 or 8, please?!
One of those who are told to have a good SQ (7.1.1.r/7.1.3. or 8.1.3.).

Or is there a link somewhere here already?!

I think I have them on my computer. PM me your email and I will send you a copy of them.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Does older firmware version work with the newer version config file?
(11-Aug-2016, 09:43)waikeywi Wrote: Does older firmware version work with the newer version config file?

Depends on how old you mean? 

I you go FW 7 of some sort you cant use SAM or RAM in the new configurator, perhaps more you cant use. I have not tried to go back to 7 since SAM came along in 8.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I've gone back to 7 - it works fine. If you look in the config it has a SAM2 profile and the original SAM profile. I guess older firmwares ignore the things they don't recognise. How far you can go back beyond that I've no idea.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I've actually gone back to 10 so eating a few words there.

Partly it was my fault - I'd been experimenting with speaker wiring and had changed from bass ports to 'cross' wired, which makes them slightly brighter. I'd kind of forgotten, but I realised after a while when 7 wasn't sounding right.

The main reason for changing though was a horrible bass distortion on 7, which I'd never noticed before.
Not sure if it's the better source, or speaker position changes or whatever since I last had 7, but I couldn't live with that. I'm sure I would have noticed if it would have been audible previously. I use around +4/5 bass, and it really just sounded horrible on certain bass frequencies - like a clipping or similar distortion. Went back and searched here and see there are some posts about it - even me saying I don't hear it! So there you go. I miss the extra bass punch 7 gave, but not at that cost.

So looks like I'm on 10, and with speakers wired their usual way am happier, and it actually sounds pretty good. If only the tone controls were more advanced I could get it sorted properly, but if Roon ever get EQ into their program in any way I'll fine tune there.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(11-Aug-2016, 12:45)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I've actually gone back to 10 so eating a few words there.

Partly it was my fault - I'd been experimenting with speaker wiring and had changed from bass ports to 'cross' wired, which makes them slightly brighter. I'd kind of forgotten, but I realised after a while when 7 wasn't sounding right.

The main reason for changing though was a horrible bass distortion on 7, which I'd never noticed before.
Not sure if it's the better source, or speaker position changes or whatever since I last had 7, but I couldn't live with that. I'm sure I would have noticed if it would have been audible previously. I use around +4/5 bass, and it really just sounded horrible on certain bass frequencies - like a clipping or similar distortion. Went back and searched here and see there are some posts about it - even me saying I don't hear it! So there you go. I miss the extra bass punch 7 gave, but not at that cost.

So looks like I'm on 10, and with speakers wired their usual way am happier, and it actually sounds pretty good. If only the tone controls were more advanced I could get it sorted properly, but if Roon ever get EQ into their program in any way I'll fine tune there.

HiFi_swlon, have you tried HQPlayer? It sits in the middle between Room and you DAC (or MRendu or whatever) and works with EQ curves generated by REW, for instance... May be worth a look.

Cheers!

L
(11-Aug-2016, 20:28)LBameule Wrote: HiFi_swlon, have you tried HQPlayer? It sits in the middle between Room and you DAC (or MRendu or whatever) and works with EQ curves generated by REW, for instance... May be worth a look.

Cheers!

L

Yes, thanks for the tip, I'm aware.

For a few reasons I decided not to explore it further. I don't hear much difference with HQP but just hate the interface. Although a great free tool, I'm not exactly in love with REW either. It all gets a bit convoluted and annoying to experiment tbh. Also I like grouping zones and that rules it out. Plus I had a few weird things meaning HQP needed restarting or lost the DAC or whatever and just though it was adding too much complexity and hassle. This is the main hifi in the lounge so not really one to have people scratching their heads why music won't come out.

Just being able to load an AU equaliser or parametric EQ in audirvana to experiment was much better, so im just crossing my fingers Roon brings this or something similar (or full room EQ) in v1.3 and I'll suffer boomy and unexciting bass in the meantime. If it's not there in 1.3 I'll think again though!

(11-Aug-2016, 20:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 20:28)LBameule Wrote: HiFi_swlon, have you tried HQPlayer? It sits in the middle between Room and you DAC (or MRendu or whatever) and works with EQ curves generated by REW, for instance... May be worth a look.

Cheers!

L

Yes, thanks for the tip, I'm aware.

For a few reasons I decided not to explore it further.  I don't hear much difference with HQP but just hate the interface. Although a great free tool, I'm not exactly in love with REW either. It all gets a bit convoluted and annoying to experiment tbh. Also I like grouping zones and that rules it out. Plus I had a few weird things meaning HQP needed restarting or lost the DAC or whatever and just though it was adding too much complexity and hassle. This is the main hifi in the lounge so not really one to have people scratching their heads why music won't come out.

Just being able to load an AU equaliser or parametric EQ in audirvana to experiment was much better, so im just crossing my fingers Roon brings this or something similar (or full room EQ) in v1.3 and I'll suffer boomy and unexciting bass in the meantime. If it's not there in 1.3 I'll think again though!
Hi HiFi_swlon,

Have you tried decreasing the SAM level this might help to lessen or remove the boominess...

cheers. Smile