Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
I thought there was something wrong and I only think that if it's negative. It was an instant realization with no prolong listening. Don't care for the base on 9.0.1 but the rest of the spectrum is more organic and nasal vocalists don't make me feel as though someone is dragging their finger nails along a chalk board like 10.0.2 makes me feel. For those who are having issue with Air, it might just be your internet package you bought into. I use internet 30 and have never had any issues. Any one willing to share 8.1.3?  You got me curious.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
(21-Aug-2016, 01:28)woodstock Wrote: I thought there was something wrong and I only think that if it's negative. It was an instant realization with no prolong listening. Don't care for the base on 9.0.1 but the rest of the spectrum is more organic and nasal vocalists don't make me feel as though someone is dragging their finger nails along a chalk board like 10.0.2 makes me feel. For those who are having issue with Air, it might just be your internet package you bought into. I use internet 30 and have never had any issues. Any one willing to share 8.1.3?  You got me curious.

Just answered my on question. Firmware 8.1.3 is available on Devialets site.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
(21-Aug-2016, 01:28)woodstock Wrote: For those who are having issue with Air, it might just be your internet package you bought into.

You must be new here! Big Grin Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(21-Aug-2016, 08:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 01:28)woodstock Wrote: For those who are having issue with Air, it might just be your internet package you bought into.

You must be new here!  Big Grin  Wink

It's that obvious ? As for it sounding like nail across a chalk board.... I went back to try and figure out what might be causing this and reloaded the new firmware, properly this time. Made a big difference. I have more faith in Devialet so I revisited this problem and got it resolved. Love the 250 but I should had waited on the upgrade to the 250 that I had done in Apr. of this year. No one informed me of the Pro line that was coming.
(21-Aug-2016, 23:45)woodstock Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 08:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

You must be new here!  Big Grin  Wink

It's that obvious ? As for it sounding like nail across a chalk board.... I went back to try and figure out what might be causing this and reloaded the new firmware, properly this time. Made a big difference. I have more faith in Devialet so I revisited this problem and got it resolved. Love the 250 but I should had waited on the upgrade to the 250 that I had done in Apr. of this year. No one informed me of the Pro line that was coming.

How did you load it improperly the first time?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Aug-2016, 15:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 23:45)woodstock Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 08:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote: You must be new here!  Big Grin  Wink

How did you load it improperly the first time?

I tried multiple times and I'd  kept getting the message that 9.0.1 was still installed and I would loose my configuration. Reread the instructions... unplugging unit made the difference. Maybe it was just in my mind but until it was sorted out, it for some reason sounded abrasive. Ok now but it is lacking some presence.
(21-Aug-2016, 01:44)woodstock Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 01:28)woodstock Wrote: I thought there was something wrong and I only think that if it's negative. It was an instant realization with no prolong listening. Don't care for the base on 9.0.1 but the rest of the spectrum is more organic and nasal vocalists don't make me feel as though someone is dragging their finger nails along a chalk board like 10.0.2 makes me feel. For those who are having issue with Air, it might just be your internet package you bought into. I use internet 30 and have never had any issues. Any one willing to share 8.1.3?  You got me curious.

Hi woodstock,
Where did you find it on the site? I'm planning to go back to 9.0.1.
//Magnus
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
Quote:Hi woodstock,
//Magnus

Log in at your account on Devialet homepage (choose Expert Pro and "My account" will be visable) or click here to go to log in http://en.devialet.com/la-maison-online/

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will find FW 8.1.3 or you can click here and download the ZIP file dirctly. http://devialet.com/firmware/8.1.3.zip

/Fredrik
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(23-Aug-2016, 19:47)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:Hi woodstock,
//Magnus

Log in at your account on Devialet homepage (choose Expert Pro and "My account" will be visable) or click here to go to log in http://en.devialet.com/la-maison-online/

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will find FW 8.1.3 or you can click here and download the ZIP file dirctly. http://devialet.com/firmware/8.1.3.zip

/Fredrik
Thanks Fredrik! 

I didn't work however since my OdA demanded a version not lower than 9. I'll continue with 10.0.2 which isn't bad at all. I just wanted to compare SQ once more. My impression is that the sound in 9.0.1 is more defined and clear in my MBLs, almost as every instrument/voice (or frequency) has it's own speaker. A bit unnatural and too much but rather fascinating.

//Magnus
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
(23-Aug-2016, 06:35)m4gnus Wrote:
(21-Aug-2016, 01:44)woodstock Wrote:

Hi woodstock,
//Magnus
I could only find the earlier version 8.1.3. I did keep a copy of 9.0.1 on my drive. If your ok with me sending you a copy let me know.